INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: cover art  (Read 2034 times)

aaronshaw

Bug: cover art
« on: February 10, 2012, 06:00:42 pm »

There seems to be a bug that jrmc will save cover art in the same folder as the file, even though I have specified to save in a specific folder.

Anyone else having this issue? I have my media and library hosted on a NAS, not sure if this would make any difference.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bug: cover art
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:06:19 pm »

Video cover art is always saved next to the file.

Details on the cover art system here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

aaronshaw

Re: Re: Bug: cover art
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:15:33 pm »

Always? I've had my video cover art in a separate folder as long add I've been using the program.  Jrmc even created the folders for me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:17:42 pm »

The cover art system has changed in v17.  This was necessary to nicely support episode, series, etc. artwork.

You can use the Cover Art menu > Save Cover Art To External Location Specified in Options to move cover art to the new location, and Options > File Location > Cover Art to clean the cover art folder.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 10:20:26 am »

It's no bug, but I do tend to agree that it's not great to force users to have all this files next to the video files. I've not managed to find a way to gather this thumbnails in another folder yet at least. This can be rather confusing for those of us who have to keep using explorer too. A subfolder with things like sidecar and thumbnails would be good. I do like the new "cover art" system. At first I thought it only stored them in the user folder, and that would be pretty bad with regards to backup, availability etc. You can move this folder under settings though. And this seems to work pretty well. I now have one Cover art folder on my massive storage disk (that is backed up and replicated), and I I have full control over them. I would like if this thumbnails also could be stored here though.

Sickbeard does this really well. It puts all thumbnails in a separate subfolder under each Season, called "Thumbnails". This cleans up a lot. A good naming convention would also make this possible for movies etc. There could even be subfolders under the Cover art folder for thumbnails under series, and a separate Movie thumbnails section. We already have the ability to add the path to the thumbnails today, so this should be possible. There might however be some unforeseen problems when it comes to moving the media as well as the thumbnails that belongs to it.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

aaronshaw

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 03:45:56 pm »

So how come any existing movies I have display fine with their cover art being in the specified CoverArt folder, but any new imports save their cover art beside the movie file?

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 04:02:02 pm »

Because the program keeps the old paths to the image files, but uses the new system for newly imported media.

aaronshaw

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 04:17:58 pm »

Can I fool the app into acting like the old version? Saving images into specified folders?

MrHaugen

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 04:41:05 pm »

Probably not. But if you REALLY want to, you can make an expression that puts a new path in the image field. It will however be something you'll have to do for every import, and every file.

aaronshaw

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 07:04:22 pm »

Well I guess the next step is to request an option to return to the old ways, dear Devs, if it's at all possible?
Pages: [1]   Go Up