INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All music albums have the same title  (Read 1461 times)

barcelona72

All music albums have the same title
« on: February 14, 2012, 09:54:44 am »

Hope some one can help .

I have imported music files from my hard drive and all have the same  album title.

Also some are not in separate albums  but mixed up under the one title i.e full discography = wrong album name and all tracks of discography not seperate albums  .

Not sure if windows vista is to blame .

Any help wold be much appreciated.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: All music albums have the same title
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 11:50:59 am »

Hi barcelona72,

This would indicate that the data inside the files (the tags) is incorrect or absent.  Media Jukebox/Media Center use these tags initially to fill its own internal database, which is then used for views, etc.

Are your music files stored in some format of folders, such as ...\Artist\Album Name\ ?

Do the music files have meaningful and consistent names?

btw. Media Center 17 has progressed a long way since Media Jukebox 14.  Give the trial a consideration.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

barcelona72

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:56:17 pm »

Hi thanks for the reply, all files and folders are named correctly in windows .

However when I import them them from my music folder they are all named the same and are not in  individual album form.

They are listed as one album and all tracks are included within .

For example a whole discography containing several albums will have one name , not even  associated with the discography and all tracks  in the  discography are listed as one album under the wrong name.

Hope this makes sense to you I am beginning to think something has changed within windows as I have imported these files before without this problem occurring.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:04:59 pm »

If the tracks are appropriately located in folders, you an use the Fill Properties From Filename tool to cull the necessary properties.

1. Select some tracks so you can test.
2. Right-click the tracks, select Library Tools > Fill Properties From Filename...
3. Fill in the Template for Directories and Filename.

Regarding (3), I can tell you exactly what to fill in, since I don't know exactly how your directories and file names are configured.  Commonly used rules are listed as Presets (use the pull down triangle).  I happen to use:

Directories: [Artist]\[Album]
  Filename: [Track #] [Name]

This will fill MC's internal properties with the data pulled from the location/filename.  Then, this can and will be written out as file tags (metadata) for future use.

Once MC has this data, MC's views system will allow you to view it as desired.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up