INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: crashing trying to play youtube classical music videos  (Read 1289 times)

christefan

• Recent member
crashing trying to play youtube classical music videos
« on: February 15, 2012, 04:34:40 pm »

Browsing various classical music videos, down loaded some but if I selected playing them in mc17 i got alot of crashes. Initiated reboots of mc17 and still had the same problem, download a couple go to watch one and crash--any help

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: crashing trying to play youtube classical music videos
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 04:37:48 pm »

Thanks for the log.

From what I can tell, FLV has been set to play with the WMP engine.  WMP is crashing on FLV.

Please set all file types in Options > File Types to 'Default' so that the JRiver engine is used.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

christefan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:34:40 pm »

It is set to WMP because I tried the JRiver default first and it crashed all the time--10% playing

christefan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:37:30 pm »

Thanks for the log.

From what I can tell, FLV has been set to play with the WMP engine.  WMP is crashing on FLV.

Please set all file types in Options > File Types to 'Default' so that the JRiver engine is used.
It's is also not really WMP--I installed Shark007 codec pack because I've been having good luck with that and it plays virtually all of my files regularly.  MC17 won't play ts files from a r5000 hd setup recoding dish network content; those files get typed as mpeg2 but they are actually h264 ts files--they won't play in PowerDVD at all and they won't play in MC 16 or 17 at all
Pages: [1]   Go Up