INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with configuring Library  (Read 9520 times)

redmodel

Issues with configuring Library
« on: February 19, 2012, 05:25:08 pm »

Hi,

I'm trying out the trial version of MC17.  I'm from a foobar2000 background, and I've been using Foobar2000 for 9 years now.

I pretty much have foobar2000 exactly the way I want it to work on a dedicated Music Server, with a Fullscreen HTPC Display to the TV and controlling it through iTunes Remote.

I wanted to try out MC17 because it offers a lot of music options along with video playback, but I haven't been able to get too far because I can't get the Library to add and not add certain type of files.

First issue is with .dff files.

For certain Albums, I'd have the stereo .dff in one folder, and I'd have a multichannel .dff in another folder.  The problem is that is that the MC17 Library will only add the stereo files.  It'lll completely skip the multichannel tracks.

The second issue, I store both lossless and lossy of the same albums on my Server.  It used to be all mp3, but I've switched to flac and m4a storage a few years ago.  The Lossless album would be in one folder at ".flac", and I'd have the lossy files kept with my old mp3 folders with a ".flac.m4a" extension.  If I don't have the lossless version, the extension would be simply just ".m4a"

So the .mp3, .m4a, and .flac.m4a would all reside in the Lossy folder, and the .flac, and .dff would be in the Lossless folder.

I'm trying to configure the Library to skip all ".flac.m4a" files.  I can't seem to get the Library to do that. I see an option to ignore special file types, like folder.jpg, but I can't seem to find anywhere that'll let you customize that list.  So at this point, it's either add all or have no .m4a files in the library.

Also, I'd like to keep this all in one library instead of splitting lossy into one library and lossless into another.

thanks, any help would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Issues with configuring Library
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:40:08 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  You can configure filetypes that you want imported, folder by folder.  Use the "Getting Started" link in my signature to find the wiki article on importing.  You add a folder, then Edit it to set the filetypes.

The dff support is new in the last few months, so it's possible we need to tweak it.

redmodel

Re: Issues with configuring Library
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 06:26:11 pm »

Hi Jimh,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I organize my music through windows explorer..

My folder layout is:

-music (lossy or lossless)
--a to z folders (ex.  "A to B," "C to D', etc...)
---artist
----album
-----files

Once  you're in either the lossy or lossless music folder, you can't tell what format the album is until you literally look at  the extension of the files.

Setting the file types doesn't work because the files I don't want to add end the same way to the files I do want to add.

I want to add all *.m4a files. I want to exclude all *.flac.m4a files.

I can't get mc17 to make a distinction between the two.

Take care
Pages: [1]   Go Up