INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MPC - Madvr - J river taking focus  (Read 1971 times)

Trying to snow

• Recent member
MPC - Madvr - J river taking focus
« on: March 07, 2012, 11:49:01 am »

When I have Media Server running in the background, and I go to use MPC-HC with madvr, it keeps telling me that J River is taking the focus, and won't go fullscreen (exclusive).

The only fix is the close media server.

I upgraded both at the same time (j river and madvr) so not sure which update is to blame.

elsid

• Recent member
Re: MPC - Madvr - J river taking focus
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:02:46 pm »

Code: [Select]
17.0.96 (2/28/2012)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.81 with Red October HQ.

I'm not sure what version of madVR you installed, but according to the release notes 17.0.96 included madVR. If you think it's a possibility, maybe remove your madvr and let jr install it for you.

Trying to snow

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:05:37 pm »

I only use MC for music. I use MPC-HC with MADVR. Just haven't got around to trying MC. MPC-HC moans that MC is stealing focus, so I have to close JR Media Server, which is a pain.

elsid

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 12:29:28 pm »

I'm kind of a mc noob, but maybe go Options > File Types and check if your file type of choice is (ie .mkv )associated to JRiver (x box on te bottom half of the screen)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:37:09 pm »

The beauty of MC is that it installs (and updates) everything you need automatically. I don't understand why people buy MC then install another player, renderer, or filter set. BTW- I came from the MPC-HC camp with MadVR and LAV installed as stand-alones, so I know where your coming from.  MadVR was included in MC even before version 17 and it has been updated several times since then (the current version of MadVR is v0.82, and LAV is at .48). If your stand-alone versions are different, that could be causing a problem too.

As elsid said, I recommend you delete your install of MadVR and reinstall MC and then let it download and install the latest versions of MAdVR and LAV itself - in its own directory.  ;)

elsid

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 12:53:03 pm »

I'm not sure I'd consider mc THAT easy. Maybe in theory and based on their webpage, but it's not always smooth sailing :) See my post earlier today about HDMI bitstreaming.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 04:08:41 pm »

I'm not sure I'd consider mc THAT easy. Maybe in theory and based on their webpage, but it's not always smooth sailing :) See my post earlier today about HDMI bitstreaming.
You're right, MC is not easy. But rather than work with four separate programs (MPC-HC, MadVR, LAV, and MC). Why not just concentrate on learing one program. It's hard enough to get a fully functional HTPC that is perfect in all areas and file/format playback, and keep it updated too, when your dealing with multiple progams. I suggest you spend your time here learning MC and let the JRiver programmers work on the MadVR/Lav/filters stuff for you.

I'll look at your other post and help you if I can.
Good Luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up