INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Output questions  (Read 957 times)

chirpp

• World Citizen
Video Output questions
« on: March 13, 2012, 01:01:52 am »

I have a laptop with a projector attached to the external output.  I would like to have MC on my laptop screen and output the video on the detached screen, sent to the projector.

Thus far it works well, except 2 things:
I need to pause the video occasionally. When doing so it shows the pause message on the bottom of the detached screen, for about 10 seconds, and goes away. Can I make MC not show that at all?  I'll pause and play and no one will see a message.

Second, when I am playing 1 video I may need to jump to play another video. When I double click it the screen goes to black then starts my video.  Can I get it to just play and no black?

chirpp

• World Citizen
Re: Video Output questions
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:11:27 am »

I'll add a little detail in case anyone has other ideas! I am doing a musical (Working) and part of it is to show some videos. I have taken a picture of a local factory window, a 3 window pane with some brick molding around it.  These windows will appear for most of the musical. However there are 3 scenes where I will have taken these windows, made the glass part a green screen, and am playing a video or picture slide show in part of the window. So the effect is I have my brick and window frame but now my glass area is a video screen.

What I am trying to accomplish is to seamlessly play a video of just the regular brick and window glass. (Or display an image if it will look the same).  Then start my slide show video (which has 5 seconds of the standard brick and window and fades to slide show as part of this video) , then play the regular brick and window glass video/image again.

This will happen 3 times in the musical and the brick and glass screen will be on most of the time other than 1 fade to black.

My theory is I setup all of my videos and when it is time to play the slide show, double click and it starts playing and no one knows the difference, other than seeing the slide show.

chirpp

• World Citizen
Re: Video Output questions
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:57:26 am »

I previously found several hits on OSD and "disabling" it, basically change the color to black using a different view. I will go down that road even though those posts were rather old so I thought maybe a feature was now in place to do this. 

Any suggestions on the 2nd option regarding seemless video playback?
Pages: [1]   Go Up