INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 96 Khz files showing an input of 48 Khz.  (Read 1669 times)

aerial

• Recent member
96 Khz files showing an input of 48 Khz.
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:50 pm »

I have downloaded a few 96Khz Albums from HD Tracks. When playing the albums Audio Path is showing an input of 48 Khz. It also displays no changes are being made in the audio path. I'm thinking it should display an input of 96 Khz.  I can up sample to 96 Khz at 24 bit to my receiver so I'm thinking it isn't a hardware problem but some setting within Media Center.

Hardware is a Win 7 32bit, onboard realtek audio to sony receiver via SPDIF coax cable.
I have Wasapi event style selected and set the audio card to give exclusive access to applications.

Thanks for any help

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 96 Khz files showing an input of 48 Khz.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:45:14 pm »

What format are the files?

If it says 48kHz for input (not the output) in Audio Path, that's what the decoder is delivering.

Is it possible the files simply are 48kHz?  HD Tracks has a variety of sample rates.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

aerial

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 06:51:37 pm »

If I select a file it shows a sample rate of 96 KHz. I have downloaded two albums that according to HD Track and media center are 96 KHz. The only other thing I may add is I'm connecting to a shared library that resides on my server.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 06:56:05 pm »

If I select a file it shows a sample rate of 96 KHz. I have downloaded two albums that according to HD Track and media center are 96 KHz. The only other thing I may add is I'm connecting to a shared library that resides on my server.

Make sure audio conversion is off in Options > Media Network > Client Options

aerial

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 07:03:46 pm »

That was the problem.

Thanks for the excellent support.

aerial

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 07:16:14 pm »

One more question. Under Options > Media Network > Client Options, what should the encoder setting be for maximum results? I have gigabit wired network.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 07:28:16 pm »

One more question. Under Options > Media Network > Client Options, what should the encoder setting be for maximum results? I have gigabit wired network.

On a LAN, I would disable client conversion.

Client conversion is designed for usage when you don't have much bandwidth.  Playing at the office from your home machine, for example.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 03:12:20 pm »

Matt - any chance of turning off conversion by default? I think many people do not know it is there and with today's networks, conversion is probably not needed very often? Also, how about adding the conversion status to the Audio Path popup? I guess it is not really in the audio path, but it would be nice to see it displayed there. I wonder how many people are playing high rez files through the library server and never know they are being downsampled by default? thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up