INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Streamer 1, Asio4all, MC 17 - How to configure my Dell XP for best sound?  (Read 1419 times)

Montague

OK, I read a post on this forum for XP set-up using Asio4all.  I disabled all the sound devices on the Dell XP desktop, including the Sound Blaster soundcard. 

MediaCenter 17 sound through my Music Streamer 1 USB DAC is now very good, but I cannot get sound from anything on the web.

So I tried to figure out the best way to go back and forth between "regular" sounds from embedded videos and such, and dedicated listening through the MC17.  I quickly got lost in my computer audio hardware settings and now cannot get sound from anything but the MC 17 through the music streamer DAC.

What XP settings do I need to get the best sound through my Music Streamer USB DAC?

I don't mind making the changes, but I don't know what to a) disable, b) enable but do not map through this device, c) enable but do not audio, etc,, etc.  For one of you out there, this is simple stuff. Any advice for a newbie in over his head?

The audio devices I have changed/screwed up on my computer include:
Unimodem Half Duplex Audio Device
Creative Audigy Audio Processsor
Creative Game Port
ATiEHomeWonder WDM Video Codec (Video Card/TV adapter)
Total Recorder WDM Audio Driver (Streaming audio recording software)
Audio Codecs
Sound Blaster Audigy 17 Sound Card
Legacy Audio Drivers
Media Control Devices
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Video Codecs
USB Audio Device
Video Codecs

My goal is to bypass everything in the computer and let the MC 17 send the Music Streamer 1 the cleanest signal, but still be able to "switch back" to watching an embedded video in my browser with good, if not great, sound when necessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up