INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library (or database) Corrupted ?  (Read 2539 times)

Facel

• World Citizen
Library (or database) Corrupted ?
« on: March 28, 2012, 12:41:43 pm »

I need your help
I am running JRiver 17.0.106 With all my music files located on a Nas (in a X:\Music\..) and the dabase is also located on the Nas in a dfferent folder W:Public\Library\..

The problem occured after having turned my pc into a "deep sleep' while J river was still open !

The problem is that I can access to all my album, but when I select One album the small thumbnail and the name of the song are missing

When I play a song I have an error message "somthing when wrong with playback,  The file could't be founded. Check that the filename in the Library matches the file name on the disc"

Every music files are present on my NAS.

Could you tell me how to access again to all my song without reimporting everything ?

regards

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library (or database) Corrupted ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:46:02 pm »

Did you try rebooting?  Power cycle the NAS drive, too.

Facel

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:58:08 pm »

Yes I did but unfortunatly the problem is still there

When I let JRiver running, after a while I have the following error message ;
"Mediaceter encountered errors while tagging or moving files.Check that the files exist, are not read only, are not in use by  other programs.  Tagging errors X:\Music\...name of the file"

Files are not in read only mode.

locust

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 06:21:29 am »

What about security/sharing persissions of the folder?? Check that you user account and or admin account have full control of the folder..

I have had some wierd errors poping in other programs up because permissions were not set correctly. The only thing I don't know if how they wern't correct in the first place..

Hope it helps.

Facel

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:31:39 am »

brian00,   I do not thing that it is such a problem but thanks for the suggestion any track should be taken into account.

Security and sharing permission have not been changed.
I still can access to the mapped drives
I can load the library (which is on a dedicated maped drive) as well
and remember I can see all my album with artist , album, large thumbnail ... the only info apparently missing are the names of the songs and the small thumbnail ...   and the failure of playin the songs of course !

Facel

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 12:20:33 pm »

I really need help

I have re-Imported a single folder in my library. It is not the solution for me because every song is duplicated in this case.

Nevetheless here are the tag differences between a recently imported song and the same song with my problem:

Tag                       Recent Import                              Old Import (same song)
Bookmark                         -                                                   22 374
Filename(Name)      Abba-01-People Need Love.flac                  Abba-01-.flac
Genre                          Rock                                                            _
Name                        People Need Love                                            _
Reply Gain                       - 14,43 dB                                                _
Skip Count                           -                                                         14

It seems thats it is definitely the name of the different songs that is missing.  In the original folder the name is still present.

How can I get back things in order without re importing everything ?

thanks again for your help

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 01:16:55 pm »

Did you tried to restore library from older backup (before that hibernation...)? If it doesnīt work I am afraid you must re-import everything (remember to change: Fix broken links to yes, so you donīt end up with dublicated files ;) )
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

Facel

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 12:50:30 pm »

Thanks for your advice SamuelMaki
But where can I change "Fix broken links to yes" ?

Hum ... ok I have found it in the Auto-import command

I just have tried auto import with the option"fix broken link (protect networked file)" set to yes but unfotunatly the files are still duplicated.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 12:58:06 pm »

Tools > Import... > Configure Auto-Import
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 03:18:48 pm »

Thanks for your advice SamuelMaki
But where can I change "Fix broken links to yes" ?

Hum ... ok I have found it in the Auto-import command

I just have tried auto import with the option"fix broken link (protect networked file)" set to yes but unfotunatly the files are still duplicated.

Well, if you have your files at NAT-drive, IT IS network drive, so you must change it to "yes" and nothing else ;) It doesnīt overwrite anything if its not set to "yes"...
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

Facel

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 03:11:32 am »

Thanks for your explanation

Pages: [1]   Go Up