INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote conflict with windows media center  (Read 2186 times)

addytvb

Remote conflict with windows media center
« on: March 28, 2012, 03:30:44 pm »

Hi,

I am trying JRiver MC 17 and has been quite happy with it except for one issue:

I use this remote (http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Control-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate/dp/B00224ZDFY/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332966267&sr=8-1-spell) and want to continue using it for windows media center. However, when JRiver MC or the media server is running, it captures the play/stop/next track buttons etc, so they don't work when i am playing video in WMC anymore. Any workaround? Or it won't happen if i am using a different remote like the one JRiver is selling?

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Remote conflict with windows media center
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:11:50 pm »

Type 'media key' in the Options search box and try other modes.

The green button will only work nicely if you disable MCE (search for 'green button' in Options).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

addytvb

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 04:27:28 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I will try the various modes tonight. Any documentation about what the modes mean? (Hotkey  vs App command vs auto)

I don't need the green button to work in MC (i just want it to keep the previous behavior - green button = windows media center). I suppose i can disable remote control for jriver. But ideally i'd want to be able to use the remote for JRiver when I am actually using JRiver - e.g. only MC captures the remote stroke, but not the media server running on background. Is that possible?

Now the weirdest thing is when i am playing video in WMC, clicking "play" on the remote would start music playing from JRiver. That's very non-intuitive.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 09:57:25 pm »

So Happy to have found this thread today as I was experiencing a similar problem and Matt's suggestion put me on the right track, the solution was to set the 'Media Key Mode' to 'App Commands'

Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up