INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Audio Path and DVDBeaver don't agree  (Read 777 times)

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
JRiver Audio Path and DVDBeaver don't agree
« on: March 28, 2012, 06:51:34 pm »

(from build 17.0.115)
4. NEW: Audio Path reports the source format (especially useful for seeing if DTS-MA, etc. is being decoded fully).

However: there are discrepencies between the stated bit-depth readings from DVDBeaver.com's reviews and JRiver's Audio Path(henceforth simply called 'Audio Path') information with TrueHD decoded discs. As per DVDBeaver.com the Blu-ray of Heat, for example, sports a TrueHD bit-depth of 16 bits, but the Audio Path displays 24 bits. The same goes with the Blu-ray titles The New World, V For Vendetta, and The Dark Knight, all of them per DVDBeaver.com supposed to be TrueHD 16-bit titles, but the Audio Path displays them as 24-bit titles(though correctly displayed as TrueHD titles). The discs I own correspond(i.e. similar WB region free discs) to the ones reviewed by DVDBeaver.com, so who are in the right and wrong here? In fact I can't find any 16-bit TrueHD title in my library as informed by the Audio Path, where other sources like DVDBeaver.com and blu-ray.com states otherwise(i.e. that they're "in fact" 16-bit titles), so it makes me believe the Audio Path's TrueHD readings are incorrectly displayed as 24-bit in all cases, when they're not.

PCM titles correspond more accurately JRiver and DVDBeaver.com/blu-ray.com between, with the expection of Eyes Wide Shut where the Audio Path states 16 bits but both DVDBeaver.com and blu-ray.com states 24 bits. At least the Audio Path's PCM readings differ with both 16- and 24-bit readings, so I'm assuming the Audio Path is reflecting the actual values here, and conversely that the other two sources may be in the wrong in the case of Eyes Wide Shut.

The DTS HD Master discs I've tested via the Audio Path all correspond with the other named sources, where the bit-depth is stated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up