INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dropped rip files  (Read 1042 times)

Bill_Gaw2

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
dropped rip files
« on: April 01, 2012, 08:56:19 am »

Purchased a 50 disc cd set from DECCA of classical music. 46 of them ripped perfectly. Four of them ripped perfectly and all files show up in the " recently ripped" area but only three files each show up on the hard drive. EAC has no problem ripping them but the files don't sound as good. What's wrong?

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: dropped rip files
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:47:13 am »

EAC has no problem ripping them but the files don't sound as good.

What are the compression settings in EAC compared to rip settings in MC ? Maybe you have chosen different quality in there. For best sound quality, choose a lossless format eg. .flac.

Sometimes when I experience problems with rip of Cd's in my fancy new blueray drive, I connect an external usb harddisk controller to a slow old CDrom drive and rip from there.

Bill_Gaw2

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 07:58:59 am »

The probleem is not that  they don't sound as good but that the ripped filees show up as beingg ripped but don't show up  on the hard drive. For instance one of the discs has 13 files, all of which showed up on MC17 "recently ripped" area but only three showed up on the hard drive file. Why would this occur?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 09:03:01 am »

The default setting of JRiver rips to Artist, Album, and then Track. If you have a multiple artist CD, the tracks can be split up among several folders. You are probably expecting them to all be in one folder. JRiver's views aren't dependent on how the files are stored so you can still see the entire album. If you want the CD's kept together, you can change the File Location options under Tools > Options > File Location > Audio > Folder Rule.

For the files you have already ripped you can use Library Tools to move them to folders based on Album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up