INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Database Repairs  (Read 1029 times)

James D.

Database Repairs
« on: April 05, 2012, 08:36:58 pm »

I have been using MC for 10 + years and have never been able to get the database to totally work for me.  When I choose a specific artists it doesn't display all of the songs for that artist.  When I click on Frank Sinatra it only shows 1 song, but when I go to the album itself it shows all 19 songs.  Same for Eminem, it only shows about half his songs and I have to go to each album individually to bring up the songs I want in my play list.  I am using MC 13 but I installed the trial for MC 17 and had the same issues with the database.  Does anybody know how I can correct this and get the database to display all the songs by the chosen artist?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Database Repairs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:55:21 pm »

Let's see, maybe try this...

Select one of the tracks that is not (but should be) included in a Frank Sinatra view for Artists.  Open Action Window > Tag, and report back the values of:

Artist
   Album Artist
   Album Artist (auto)
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

James D.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 06:41:04 pm »

Hi, thanks for the response.  I've thought about that but all of the information fields are filled in.  I don't see any reason that they are not listing properly.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:38:47 pm »

I'm sure the fields do have some values.  Yet, the question is, are the values correct and *exactly* the same where relevant.  You may believe so...

MC and the database works, views work, so there's something you're not understanding.  Users like me here on the forums will need the raw data, not an interpretation of it.  Otherwise, we're all kind of stuck like you are currently.

So, perhaps some screenshots are in order, from a Panes view of the relevant tracks/artists/albums.

If you want, you can export a text file for someone here to examine.  Go to the Panes view, and then File > Export Playlist.  Select:

Save in: <navigate to your Desktop to save there)
Format: Text format
Included Fields: All Fields
Output Range: All

You can zip the file and attach it to your post (I believe, otherwise we'll figure out a different way).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up