INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bookmark question  (Read 1270 times)

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
Bookmark question
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:31:54 pm »

I like the current implementation of Bookmarks, its automatic and quite a handy feature. I however would like the option to create permanent bookmarks for any file I choose.

Ultimately what I want to be able to do is to create a video playlist of select movies bookmarked at specific positions that I could reuse over and over. These would be movies I can launch at my favorite scenes to demo to guests or to test sound or video tweaks I do quite often.

From what I have found so far, there is only a single bookmark tag and it's volatile so it doesn't fit this specific need. I have some ideas on how to do this but I am hoping someone here might have a system already.

One idea I have is to play each movie to the point I want and stop. Then I export the library as xml, edit the file and delete everything except for my selected movies and basically trim the tags down to the bare minimum and of course keep the booking tag. This way I can do a "reset" for my showcase movies by importing the xml after each time. It should work but will be kind of clumsy.

Another idea is to use expressions to set the bookmark tags to the specific scene I want. This would be cool but I don't think I can invoke an expression on command from what I know.

Anyway, I am new to MC and there's probably much I don't know yet so if anyone has an idea it would be great.
For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Bookmark question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:39:13 pm »

You might try Particles.  You can find a link in the "New Features" thread at the top of this board.

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:40:11 pm »

Wow! Particles are awesome! Thanks for the tip. This seems to do just what I need. More testing is in order.

One question. When the playback of the particle ends, the next file in the list starts playing automatically. Although this is nice, can I configure this?

Particles RULE!

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:18:45 pm »

Never mind, got it. Ctrl Shift S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up