INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sync Podcast to device - comes up as Audiobook  (Read 1447 times)

alief

• Recent member
sync Podcast to device - comes up as Audiobook
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:52:19 pm »

I can't get podcasts to sync properly to my mp3 player (SanDisk Clip Zip).

My device has a folder for Music, Audiobooks and Podcasts. Any podcasts wind up in the Audiobooks folder of my device even though they are tagged properly with genre 'podcast'.

I know I need to create some kind of rule or use a smartlist to tell them to go to the folder Podcast but I just can't work out how to do it.  I tried to create a smartlist - 1 of the podcasts wound up in the proper folder but all the others still wound up under Audiobooks. I'm not very good with the rules so clearly, I didn't to it right.

I've spent quite a long time searching other posts and while I see this question being asked before, I just can't find the answer.
Can someone advise? 

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: sync Podcast to device - comes up as Audiobook
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:54:21 am »

I have no experience with the SanDisk but have a hunch that changing the value in Media Sub Type might fix you up.

Media Sub Type should be set to Podcast now. But it might not be depending on how you got your podcast. In any case, try each of the values Podcast, <null>, and Audiobook. One of them will probably work.

alief

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:42:08 pm »

Ok, that sounds good.  I'll do that.

Errr....how do I do that?

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 01:02:54 pm »

Media Sub Type is a standard library field just like Artist, Album, and other fields you are familiar with. You edit it the same way you edit other fields. There are many methods. You probably already have a favorite method and I suggest you use that one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up