INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange behavior with aspect ratio of dvd's.  (Read 1164 times)

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Strange behavior with aspect ratio of dvd's.
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:49:23 pm »

With some dvd's (played from my harddisk) I get a very strange behavior in the way they are shown on the screen. One time they play fine and full screen, but other times I only get a 3 : 4 picture on my 16 : 9 widescreen tv and the picture is distorted/compressed (stretched in the vertical; I hope that I am clear in describing this).
I still have Total Media 5 installed and when I play the same dvd in TMT everything is fine, every time. So it must have something to do with Media Center.
As far as I can see there is no pattern and it is very randomly.
FWIW: when I look to the properties of one of the vob files (with MediaInfo) it says 720 x576 (2.35:1).
What could be causing this ? Of course I can play with TMT, but I would prefer to use MC for dvd's as well.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Strange behavior with aspect ratio of dvd's.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:49:13 am »

Bump  :)

Btw, I made the following observation with these dvd's, which is maybe of interest:
When I start the dvd I get a 4:3 picture , ALSO with Total Media Theatre. However when I get the menu and start the main movie, in TMT it switches to full-screen but with MC it stays in 4:3.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Strange behavior with aspect ratio of dvd's.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:53:40 am »

Being a fan of Peter Gabriel, I follow his advice in "Don't give up"  :), so:

Bump again.

I wonder btw: could it be that MC with some dvd's sometimes has trouble in detecting the correct aspect ratio ?
I don't know how it all works technically, but I ask because sometimes these dvd's play fine while other times they don't.

Pages: [1]   Go Up