INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imported Home Movie DVD - Video Length is Incorrectly set to 29 Seconds.  (Read 965 times)

HoorayMusic

• Recent member

So I imported ( ripped ) a DVD of a home movie (that was long ago burned to a DVD).  Media Center 17 seems to show its length in it's IFO tag as 17 seconds in length.  This is incorrect.  When I play the movie on my desktop in MC 17, the length is 04:22, and I can successfully watch all of it.  So the problems with this are that I cannot convert this movie to another format without the conversion only being 29 seconds.  But more aggravating (and the reason I've come across this) is that the DLNA server will only show and stream the 29 seconds.  What is going on here???  What, why, and how is this length getting set?  How do I correct it.  Why did MC 17 get this wrong?  It's so annoying.

The issue with the 29 seconds seems to be on various home movies of mine.  So the length does not seem to be some arbitrary number since this issue is taking place on many videos.

HoorayMusic

• Recent member

JRiver might not be the cause of this...  but they don't fix or identify it either.   After some research and various troubleshooting and downloadings...  the issue seems to boil down to VOB files being encoded originally with the wrong duration (length) value based on the chapter length (or something like that).  In my circumstance Roxio did it to me (Bad Roxio!!!). 

VOB2MPG v3 (the free version) fixed the single chapter VOBs, but I'll have to try some more advanced products to untangle the multichapter DVDs that are in my collection.  Adobe Premiere trial version is the next thing to try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up