INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is slideshow function in vers 13 (and above)?  (Read 5432 times)

sixtiesstereo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Where is slideshow function in vers 13 (and above)?
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:00:13 am »

I've been using MC 10 for years now, mainly for it's ease of adding images from each albums folder and the terrific image slideshow feature while each track is playing (with the zoom feature which is great for reading the liner notes and session info on my 60" HD TV while listening to the music).
  I also have version 13, but haven't really used it due to it's seeming lack of the slideshow feature.  However, now that I'm switching over to flac, I need the flac handling ability of 13, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get 13 to add all image files in each folder, or how to make it run the slideshow function while in playing now.  The start slideshow function isn't on the right click menu, or anywhere else.  What am I missing?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Where is slideshow function in vers 13 (and above)?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 10:52:54 am »

I am not sure on MC13 but in MC17 you simply go to the image category you wish to play and right click then select play and it starts a slideshow without interrupting music playback.
I do things a little differently though in that I have created a zone I entitled Slideshow and I select the files/folder I want to use for the slideshow and then right click > send to > play(Slideshow) > *respective play behavior*
Sean

sixtiesstereo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Where is slideshow function in vers 13 (and above)?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 05:07:07 am »

Sounds pretty complicated compared to the auto slideshow function in 10.  In other words, in 10 when I double click an album thumbnail, it goes to Now Playing, starts playing the first track, and starts a slideshow of all scans in that albums directory,  It can be viewed full screen by clicking the icon in the lower right, can be paused in the right click menu, and while paused the image can be zoomed in or out using the mouse wheel.  The best music playing slideshow I've ever found in ANY music program, and was the reason I originally purchased MC 10 years ago.
  The various artwork scans in each albums folder are added into MC by simply dragging and dropping them from Explorer
into the same album folder in MC.  Next time that album is played in MC, all added jpg's are automatically shown in the automatic slideshow.  Simple, and seemingly, for some reason, removed from MC starting with version 11.  Odd.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up