INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Realtek Digital Out(RCA) Only 2 Channel sound to RCA Digital into Reciever  (Read 3287 times)

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
  • World Class Referance Playback!

Even when I use the Realtek HD Audio Manager it does not show the sorround sound speaker setup. I'm using Win 7 32bit OS. How do I get digital output for 5.1 to play thru my prepro? Do I have to buy a dedicated audio card for 5.1 that provides 5.1 digital out? I do not want to use HDMI for audio. I use the HDMI to my HDTV and need to provide digital 5.1 to my prepro. This is my dedicated HTPC not the one in my sig.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers

You can go into player/DSP Studio/Output Format and on the right there is a check box for "Output surround sound as Dolby Digital (requires SPDIF and external DD decoder)
Be advised that when DD encoding to 5.1 over SPDIF is used the source file will be converted/compressed to a 448kbps 16bit 48KHz format due to the limited bandwidth of SPDIF and to get uncompressed multichannel output you need HDMI.
Sean

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
  • World Class Referance Playback!

Thanks Sean for clarifying the audio signal output. I have decided to just use the HDMI from the video card to deliver both video and surround sound.  My prepro is reporting it's receiving the 5.1 signal properly and getting awesome surround sound playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up