INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bougth 7.0 license to support the creators of Media Jukebox - Need new one?  (Read 992 times)

MightyA-MAN

• Recent member
  • Senior European Brand ManagerVideo & Computer Games

Hi there!

When I installed MJ 7.0 first I was impressed by the great quality. I immediately stopped using my previously purchased programm (Virtuosa). For what I was doing with MJ (just ripping and listening) the basic freeware version was fine. But I felt I need to support the publisher/the creators of such a fantastic product, so I registered.

Now I've downloaded a lot of your betas and I'm getting deeper into MP3, and I might be going to explore the PLUS features in the near future. Now the question: Do I need to buy a new license for the next final MJ version?

If so, I think my freelance registration/purchase of 7.0 is working out as a personal disadvantage ...  

Regards,

Mighty A-MAN

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Bougth 7.0 license to support the - Need new one?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 06:06:58 am »

Thanks for your contribution.  Your 7.0 license will work with 8.0.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

MightyA-MAN

• Recent member

Thanks, that's greatly appreciated. I was a little worried since I read some postings about "5 restorations" and so on. Do restorations mean that I can update MJ only up to five times, or are restorations only used in the case of a hard disk crash, OS change or when I use it on a second computer?

By the way: I bought an Archos Jukebox Recorder 20 GB with which I'm quite satisfied. With it came Music Match which I've installed - what a waste of hard disk space this was ...  

nila

RE:Bougth 7.0 license to support the creators of Media Jukebox
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2002, 06:38:10 am »

Yeah, I'm curious about those 5 too.

This isn't like WIndows XP's stupid product activation is it because everyone knows how annoying that was and the only people it hindered were the legit owners as the people who got it illegally already had the product activation cracked before they downloaded it.

DonM

License Restoration
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2002, 06:45:09 am »

Jim,

Could you please explain to us the reasoning behind the limit of 5 restores per year? Is the limit open for discussion?

MightyA-MAN

• Recent member

Hi there! As far as I read here already, there is no room for negotiations. However, I would be happy to know exactly what "restorations" mean. As long as it doesn't inlcude updates, I think I'm fine (and hopefully don't need any restorations because of HDD crashes or whatever reasons). Cheers, Mighty A-MAN

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Bougth 7.0 license to support the creators- Need new one?
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2002, 03:46:18 am »

Please see the thread called "Buy Button FAQ" in this forum.  Should answer most of your questions.

I'm closing this thread now.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up