INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with ouputs ASIO, direct sound, and others  (Read 2099 times)

jimbou

• Recent member
Problem with ouputs ASIO, direct sound, and others
« on: May 28, 2012, 12:56:54 pm »

Hello,

I am trying to use MC17 on a W7 PC with a Maverick DAC.

hen I try to use ASIO output, I get the following error message : "something went wrong with playback; Playbackc could not be started on the output ASIO using the format 44,1 Khz 64bits 2ch" etc ...

I can see on this forum that I am not the only one getting this error, but I have found no solution yet.

I get similar error, either at the first attempt to read a file or when switching from one file to the following one, when I use the output Direct Sound, and sometimes also with WASAPI. I have tried no other output because they are not the ones I want to use.

Thanks for any help. This software is currently useless to me.

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with ouputs ASIO, direct sound, and others
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:13:35 pm »

Hello,

I am trying to use MC17 on a W7 PC with a Maverick DAC.

hen I try to use ASIO output, I get the following error message : "something went wrong with playback; Playbackc could not be started on the output ASIO using the format 44,1 Khz 64bits 2ch" etc ...

I can see on this forum that I am not the only one getting this error, but I have found no solution yet.

I get similar error, either at the first attempt to read a file or when switching from one file to the following one, when I use the output Direct Sound, and sometimes also with WASAPI. I have tried no other output because they are not the ones I want to use.

Thanks for any help. This software is currently useless to me.

Unless you can clarify that you have a supplied ASIO driver for this DAC (which doesn't sound right to me - never heard of an ASIO driver shipping with a DAC)...you can't use ASIO at all. It's not like MC suddenly makes ASIO usable just because it's a choice in the Audio Output area.

I would say - Directsound or WASAPI would be your only choices here - as these use the Windows 7 supplied interfaces.

VP

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with ouputs ASIO, direct sound, and others
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 02:35:38 pm »

This is a hardware issue.
If you use Direct Sound go to the Windows sound panel and test what inputs are supported by your DAC.

If you are using USB, this DAC is probably limited to 16/48.
Check its bit depth and sample rate for the input you are using

http://www.head-fi.org/t/470639/maverick-audio-tubemagic-d1-dac-amp-condensed-faq-and-info-thread
There was information in this thread to get 24-Bit / 96kHz supposedly bit-perfect working with the USB on the D1. It has since been discovered that even though the rate can be changed, there's some kind of hardware issue (either design or chip limitation) and only 16-Bit / 48kHz is being sent to the DAC itself. Because of this, any other format that's sent through USB is resampled to that. Depending on the format you send, it may noticeably degrade audio quality. However, it should be bit-perfect if you send 16-Bit / 48kHz but there's no real way of knowing.
 All of the old information from this thread on USB input can be found here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/464376/head-fi/mav_condensed/usb_driver/oldpost.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up