INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable Local Playback?  (Read 1009 times)

doug.ca

• Junior Woodchuck
Disable Local Playback?
« on: May 30, 2012, 11:30:02 pm »

Hi,

I have MC17 installed on a WHS 2011 server. This server has no audio or video capabilities and MC is used on this device solely to stream to various DLNA devices around the house (PS3, Denon AVR, AVerMedia Media Player). I typically use JRemote on my iPad or iPhone to control the playback.

The typical problem I'm having is that, by default, JRemote selects "Player", that is the WHS MC instance, as it's primary renderer. This can be changed once a song has been selected, but the interface is awkward and if playback has already been initiated I get an error message on the WHS console indicating "something went wrong with the playback on this (the WHS) device" -- because it doesn't have any audio capabilities! ;)  At times this seems to interfere with playback in general and I can't get anything to work until I first log into the WHS console and dismiss any outstanding dialog boxes.

This problem also seems to occur occasionally when I'm working on my desktop system that also has MC installed. I'll press the wrong sequence of keys and MC will attempt to play back the file on the server.

My question is, is there a way to disable the server's internal playback (Player) device so that it is not presented as an playback option to DLNA controllers and other instances of MC? It would probably be a useful feature in JRemote to be able to exclude certain renderers as well, and having a better UI to select the renderer wouldn't hurt either, but that's another thread...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

kaczor47

• Recent member
Re: Disable Local Playback?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:10:55 pm »

I would also like the ability to do this. My playback is exclusively to XBMC via DLNA and this would eliminate the unnecessary steps of enabling the playback zone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up