INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seq ( Sequential ) is taking over my musicI  (Read 1289 times)

bmr3hc

Seq ( Sequential ) is taking over my musicI
« on: June 13, 2012, 09:26:35 am »

I have been up and running now for about a month. I cannot get the order of tracks to be the same as what is on the Hi Rez download or CD download. Each time I play music the tracks follow the " Seq"
order which is not the same as the original play order from the download or Cd.
I have tried everything; to include everything found in this forum.
This is very frustration. Is there a way to turn off the "seq" so that the tracks are played in the order on the original? Help. My JRiver version is MC17

Henry

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Seq ( Sequential ) is taking over my musicI
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:38:00 am »

What mode do you have Shuffle in? off, on, or automatic
Sean

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:45:16 pm »

Henry,

MC plays files in the order they are listed.

You may be looking at the recently imported view.  After you manually import files, MC switches to that view to show you the files that were imported.  The files are listed in the order imported.  Here is an example

The circled area marked "1" shows that this view is sorted first by Seq. No..

You can solve your problem by switching to a normal view like "Audio".  You can do this by clicking on the small back arrow (circled and marked "2").  This changes to the previous view. The audio view is shown here

You can also switch views by clicking on a view name in the tree area on the left side of the MC window.  (Circled and marked with a "3":.)

Note that files are sorted differently in this view. (For example, the circled area marked "4" shows that Data imported is the second field used for sorting the files.  You can control what fields are shown in this list and the order in which the files are listed.

Here are some things to understand about specifying the order in which files are listed:

1. When a view is created, an initial sort order is defined.  You can change that sort order later by clicking on a column heading.

2. MC can use more than one field to sort files.  The field whose heading you mostly recently clicked on is the most significant.

3. To specify that your files should be sorted using several fields, specify them from least significant first to most significant last.  For example, if you want files grouped first by artist and by album for each artist and finally by track number for each album, you would click on "Track #", then click on "Album" and then on "Artist".

Bill

bmr3hc

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 06:26:04 am »

What mode do you have Shuffle in? off, on, or automatic

Shuffle is Off. Has been off after the first week of being up nad running.

Henry

bmr3hc

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 06:31:40 am »

Bill,

Thanks much for the prompt response and help. Importing files? Seems I have more reading to do to understand the process. I will let you know once I try again base on your helpful information.

Henry

bmr3hc

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 06:04:42 am »

Bill,

Thanks to you and others who responded to my need for help, I have figured out how to play the tracks in the right sequence order. It is much more fun to hear what you want to hear in the right order of the original download. 

Henry
Pages: [1]   Go Up