INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: General Galaxy S3/MC17 Issues  (Read 15450 times)

Chronic

• World Citizen
General Galaxy S3/MC17 Issues
« on: June 17, 2012, 05:00:21 am »

I just got my S3 a few days ago, everything great apart from music issues...

From MC17 i can transfer/drag music to my S3's internal memory using the file conversion along the way, but when doing the same to the phones external SD card it doesn't work & says the files are unsupported formats & it wont automatically convert them.... even if i transfer a FLAC which is supported on the S3, when doing it to external SD card it says its unsupported for some reason, thats my main issue, it wont convert tracks when im transfering to an sd card.

When i do transfer to the S3's internal memory, it seems to go fine, converts & transfers, but when im in the music player on the phone the root folders show w/album art, but no songs in the library to play, the songs are physically in the phones memory when i check through 'My Computer', but they just dont show up in the music player on the phone. It worked fine once, but after that its stopped & the library always stays blank.

When i transfer to the external SD card directly in Windows songs do show & play in the phone, which is good as i only want them on the external SD card anyway, but i just can't do the format conversion to external SD card from MC17

I only use playlists when playing music so right now the way i have playlists on my phone is to copy the songs from a playlist on JRiver & create an M3U onto my desktop, then drag both onto the external SD card directly

If anyone can help i'd appreciate it, if i could just transfer to external SD card with conversion i'd be sorted... there must be a logical reason why the sd card is behaving differently to the phone & wont let the tracks convert
The other issue of tracks not showing on the phone must be related to the issues other people have been having with the S3 & MC

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: General Galaxy S3/MC17 Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 06:25:52 pm »

Is this still an issue, or did you find a resolution (i.e. did an MC update fix this, for example)?

Now that smartphones offer enough storage, I'm looking into a new smartphone which will take over my portable music duties.  The Galaxy S3 is my current top contender, so I'm very interested in how it performs with MC.

Thanks,

Larry

CZ Eddie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:40:04 pm »

Is this still an issue, or did you find a resolution (i.e. did an MC update fix this, for example)?

Now that smartphones offer enough storage, I'm looking into a new smartphone which will take over my portable music duties.  The Galaxy S3 is my current top contender, so I'm very interested in how it performs with MC.

Thanks,

Larry

I'm an Android geek.  But the Media Center capabilities have always intimidated me because there is SO MUCH to it and so few guides that I've seen.
I'm hoping to learn to use it as a media sync for my Galaxy SIII also.

And just to speak to your post, the SIII typically has 16GB internal, but in some countries it's available with 32GB and 64GB internal.
Then you can add a MicroSD card with 64GB capability supported and 128GB theoretical (not supported, but lots of folks are doing it with success).

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 06:43:51 am »

Hi,

the other half has the Galaxy S3 (16gb).  There have been problems with MC syncing directly with the phone.  Some songs are not available via the music player app, albums unknown, playlists are incomplete, but the files are on the phone.  It has been reported in http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74195.0.

I have upgrade to V18 & the issue is still present.  I don't know if the issue is widespread, with MC or the phone, or there's something odd with our setup.

As a workaround I created a device with the same allowable file types as the S3, allocating it as a folder on the PC.  MC manages this device & I simply copy the contents to the phone via Windows Explorer.  All files, albums and playlists are correct

Good luck with the S3.

Steve

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 06:28:10 am »

Thanks for the feedback.

As I understand it, the "international" version of the Galaxy S3 is available with 64GB of internal memory, while the "American" versions are either 16 or 32 GB (the American versions are also dual core with 4G capability vs the international versions which are quad core but lack 4G.)

Since the S3 officially supports 64 GB micro sdxc cards, this means that the phone can officially have a maximum of 96GB (at this time.)  I'd personally prefer to keep the entire library in a single location, however, so I would most likely limit my media library to the 64GB card and use the internal 32GB for everything else.

It is my understanding that 128GB micro sdxc cards are not available yet.  Is this not the case, or are you saying that some people have already tried 128GB sdxc cards in this phone with success?

My guess is that we won't know whether or not the phone will support 128GB cards until they're released.  I'm tentatively hopefull that the S3 would support the larger cards -- perhaps with a firmware update -- but my gut tells me that 64GB may end up being the maximum for this phone.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up