INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Processing Tone Boosters IsoneSurround before Output Format DSP  (Read 1358 times)

elderavelas

• World Citizen

Hi!

I installed the ToneBoosters IsoneSurround VST plug-in on Media Center to simulate a virtual surround speaker setup using headphones.
IsoneSurround downmixes multichannel audio to 2 channels. To work properly, it needs to be fed with the multichannel stream. MC DSP Studio doesn't allow to place IsoneSurround before the Output Format DSP. I use a stereo DAC via USB. Setting the output to multichannel will render an error if using WASAPI. Setting to 2 channels stereo makes MC to dowmix the multichannel source. IsoneSurround will process the downmixed audio instead of the source multichannel audio. I changed the output settings to Direct Sound and disabled Output Format DSP and got IsoneSurround working with the multichannel source but the sound was poorer than using WASAPI and some sort of dropouts happened. IsoneSurround works well on Foobar with WASAPI and SoX resampling. I had to resample a test file from Linn Records from 88k to 96k as my DAC doesn't support 88k.

How to setup MC to route the multichannel source to IsoneSurround plug-in before the Output Format DSP?

You can get IsoneSurround VST free from ToneBoosters web site: http://www.toneboosters.com/free/

Thanks and regards,

Elder
Pages: [1]   Go Up