INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handling of .cue files  (Read 4164 times)

pacwin

• Recent member
Handling of .cue files
« on: July 09, 2012, 05:32:38 am »

When an album is ripped as a single file with a matching cue file, JRiver displays both the album length flac and the tracks specified in the cue file. If you add the album to the playing now list, the tracks in the cue file and the whole album are added, doubling the playtime and effectively replaying the disc. JRiver needs to intelligently filter out the whole album flac file and just render the cue file.

See the attached image.

MrG

• Recent member
Re: Handling of .cue files
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:42:05 am »

I want to play my source files rather than convert them to playable files. For SACD ISOs I want to play the ISO and don't split it to separate DFF or DSF files. This is because I lack of HDD space (achieved 3TB limit and don't want two-bay NAS as it is not fanless).
Therefore the most convenient way is to play the same files as I use for archiving. Just to play directly from archive.

The above works well for SACD ISOs and is not the case for CD rips. I used to rip to FLAC-images + CUE. As I see from the above post this has some flaws in current JRiver implementation but hopefully will be resolved.

As a workaround I could use CUE and make FLAC extension not to be scanned. The problem is for HDTracks files. They are just a bunch of FLAC's without CUE.

How to distinguish FLAC images + CUE from other standalone FLACs ? Should I generate custom CUE files for HDTracks and all other downloadable FLAC sources ?

I accept tags to be stored inside database rather than in FLAC files. I don't see any other solution for SACD ISOs and want to have the same standard for all files.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 10:37:11 am »

Hi, I enncountered the same problem when 1st setting up MC. I now, simply keep mine in seperate locations, in one folder I put all my seperate multi-track flac albums and configure MC to scan for FLAC only, In the other I pop all the single FLAC file albums with CUE sheets and configure it to pick up CUE only, works well for me  8)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 07:01:34 pm »

I would also like to voice my support for better handling of cue files.  Having to keep the full album files separate or filter them on an ongoing basis is not the ideal solution.  I suggest they just be hidden by default, since it's really the individual track information that we really (only?) care about.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up