INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Theater mode support a Folder view for Photos and Videos?  (Read 2133 times)

ajowers

• World Citizen

I would like for theater view to support a folder view (as created on the underlying OS file system) instead of by year, etc ... I cant see how to configure this if it is supported.

So ... when I use my remote to select Photos or Videos, I would prefer a list of folders in some presentation style based on the folder's structure I have provided for import.  So, supposing I have a folder called "XMas", then underneath I may have a folder for each year like "2009", "2010" ... and I would want to use the remote to progressivly navigate this nested structure.

I would want the same for Videos too.  I would want this to be the default view also.

Is this already possible ?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Does Theater mode support a Folder view for Photos and Videos?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:43:27 pm »

Tools > Options > Theater View is your friend  ;)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »

Tools > Options > Theater View is your friend  ;)
And to clarify - once in there you can define your own views.  If you already have developed views, you can just copy them in.  I have starting building and managing my views in display view and then pulling them in to Theater View once I have them working the way I want.  That way I have consistency.

ajowers

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 09:44:06 am »

I wish there was a how-to video on customizing the view ....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 10:04:19 am »

Look at the stock 'Disk' view under Theater View > Video.

Basically you want to add a category that's based on file location.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 10:37:51 pm »

Look at the stock 'Disk' view under Theater View > Video.

Basically you want to add a category that's based on file location.

Sorry to come late to this party but this is exactly what I want but I can't find anything called 'Disk' anywhere in the Video settings in Theatre View.   Where is this?

EDIT:  I found the Disk item but it always just displays a 'unassigned' tile and doesn't show any files.  In my previous installation of MC (before last weeks crash), it would nicely show the directory names below the folder I'd set it to watch and I could click on them and browse the files within.  

One difference since last week is now I have it installed as a Portable Install to make it easier to back up so I won't lose the settings again!

EDIT #2:  Apparently it was an issue with it being a Portable Installation.  I removed that install and reinstalled it normally and the directories of videos are back.  I was so hoping I could have all of MC running from one folder so it would be easier to keep current in case of a drive crash.  But, no joy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up