INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Popup new song from Tray  (Read 1025 times)

nitz369

• Recent member
Popup new song from Tray
« on: July 23, 2012, 11:12:20 pm »

I am working on switching over to Media Center and I am trying to find one feature that I am used to to see if it is available with Media Center.

When Media Center is minimized to Tray, I want new song info to popup small at the bottom of the screen. Does Media Center have this feature and where can I find it?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Popup new song from Tray
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:15:09 am »

MC can do this, but only by way of a third party plugin (at the moment).

The plugin is available on the jriver website, but is out of date and won't work correctly. It also costs money (£5 GBP) and I am unsure if the developer is still serving licenses.

It does have a 14 day trial though, so you can at least try it out. I have sent you a private message with file download details for an up-to-date version that works just fine. The only problem is that you must install it using the installer, then overwrite the installed .dll file with the one included in the zip file, all while MC is closed. Once done, fire up MC, play some music and see the popup.

There are various settings and skin options available, but many of them require manual ini file editing. If you like what you see, and can get a license, shout back and I'll help you with whatever you need.

Don't be put off by the third party plugin thing, this one is absolutely solid, works flawlessly and has no detrimental impact on MC itself. It is extremely well written indeed and comes with a handful of pre-installed skins to choose from.

-marko.

nitz369

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 06:22:05 pm »

Wow that's an awesome plugin! MC really needs to integrate that in. I know they don't like it when people say "everyone else has it" but it is the truth. To me and many other people multitasking is what we do and this plugin is an absolute must.

nitz369

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:56:29 pm »

Okay Trial is done, how do I pay for this? would be nice to pay for it to JRiver, should be an included feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up