INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC and MOG  (Read 1639 times)

lousf75

MC and MOG
« on: July 06, 2013, 04:38:59 pm »

Hello.  I'd ideally like to be able to play both my local file based library of ripped / downloaded music and the MOG service via J River and J Remote.  Is this possible?  Below is my setup...

Here's my setup:
1. Headless dedicated Windows 7 based music server running MC, Logitech Media Server, Whitebear, and SqueezePlay.  If I could do what I wanted with just MC then I would get rid of the other 3 software packages.
2. USB dac from the music server into my main stereo

I've been running MC controlled by JRemote for playback of local files (actually NAS based) without an issue for a couple of years.  I love the experience of this setup.  I also love the MOG service, but I don't listen to it much because I've historically needed to VNC/Remote Desktop into the music server to use the MOG client software for playback, which isn't very convenient. 

Recently I tried installing Logitech Media Server and SqueezePlay so I could remotely control MOG via either the Squeezebox iphone app or iPeng.  I thought this would be a workable solution, and I can get this to work and thus have remote control of the MOG service.  The main problem is that when I switch from JRemote to the Squeezebox app (or vice versa), I sometimes can't get the other app to play.  I think it has something to do with the application not releasing control of the usb dac, but this is just a total guess.  I then have to VNC into the music server to muck around until I get sound (which ruins the experience).  The secondary problem is that I have two remote control applications. 

I also tried Whitebear for a connection between LMS and MC, and I've been successful configuring that setup, but I can't see MOG via the Whitebear DLNA connection. 

Any ideas?  Both MOG and local file playback via MC and JRemote would be ideal, but I'd also be happy with a working setup where I can switch between JRemote and the Squeezebox app on my iphone without issues (maybe it's just me running into this problem?)  Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC and MOG
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 10:30:57 am »

If you can download MP3 files, you could do that and import them into MC and use JRemote.

But I'm not aware of any way to directly access MOG content from another client like MC.  I don't think MOG allows it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lousf75

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 12:26:05 pm »

OK, thanks for the reply Matt

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »

But I'm not aware of any way to directly access MOG content from another client like MC.  I don't think MOG allows it.

Logitech Squeezeboxes and SONOS devices can access MOG and I'd really love it if JRiver could.

Pages: [1]   Go Up