INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 125285 times)

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2012, 04:38:50 pm »

Ability to run MC18 in Win 8 Metro:
-live tile showing some sort of summary view such as Now Playing
-full screen mode similar to current Theatre View
-how to handle current non Theatre View will take some thought. Maybe it is a separate tile launched from the Full Screen playback tile

Version for Windows 8RT tablets

Ability to create a Smart list to find low resolution cover art as Windows 8 will likely lead to cover art being displayed in much larger sizes

Playback from cloud storage
-playback media directly from SkyDrive, DropBox, Google Drive etc. to MC18
-a Gizmo client that could playback from cloud storage or a home based NAS

ORBi

« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2012, 04:59:56 pm »

would it PLEASE be possible to get netflix to work in the UK? Currently, it does always generate an error saying that the file cannot be found online... although displayed after selection. :-)

thanks in advance for your kind help! :-)

jologskyblues

• Recent member
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2012, 09:49:52 am »

Hmm,

Resume from the last file position on the next program start-up?

Winamp/Fb2k-style add file/folder playlist

Castius

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2012, 04:30:45 pm »

Easier to setup global shortcuts please.

Thanks

Hirez24

• Recent member
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2012, 05:22:01 pm »

I know the list is getting long, but I need to add two features.

I am getting ready to wire up the whole house for audio and would really love to use MC to head it up rather then Squeeze-box or Sonos. In order to ditch those I need Sirius internet streaming and either Pandora or Slacker. I also need to be able to control it from gizmo. I know the audio quality with these are lacking but when I am throwing a bbq on my deck my guests prefer compression more than my eclectic taste in audiophile music.

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2012, 09:13:20 pm »

I'd like to be able to change libraries without having it effect Playing Now.  Is there any reason why Playing Now can't be independent of the current library, or even include files from several libraries at once?
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

joey chestnut

• Recent member
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2012, 09:53:00 pm »

Something I suggested from another thread: i want my list such that the tv shows list is a certain style, and the seasons list (when i choose a tv show) is in a different style. im always in the Seasons tab. I like having my tv shows in a regular list style, and when viewing the seasons of a tv show, in a cover flow style.

Z0001

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2012, 01:16:22 am »

1. An EPG from an OTA TV signal would be very very welcome in making TV accessible out of the box.

2. Ability to schedule TV recording remotely via internet.

3. 3D

locust

« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2012, 06:04:41 am »

Please this request from the MC17 board

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70098.0

locust

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2012, 06:22:52 am »

Hi I have a request.

Whilst on version 16, I was trying to make a view using [Artist], [Remixer] and [Supporting Artist] fields. I was using list combine to try and merge them so I could make a pane that would show all tracks, remixes and tracks a particular artist has featured on regardless it it was their album/ep or not.

The problem I ran into was that there was no way to exclude artists that don't have any albums from appearing in the pane, as MC is not a relational database and every separate track is blind from each another.

See my old post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=66365

Today I have thought of a really simple solution to this.

Would it be possible for you to add the ability to make a pane derived from the artists field (or any other field for that matter) but when an entry on the pane is selected make it behave just like the search box?

Because if I search for an artist that has remixes etc in the search box all of their material appears. I believe this is a simple elegant solution that would not affect the performance of mc compared to my prior request for some relational abilities.

It could work something like this I suppose

[Album Artist]&datatype=[LIST]&mode=[search]

Perhaps it may have more applications for different types of music, I'm not too sure of that though. It would defintetly make it a better experience for people with lots of electronic music

I do like the search feature but I find most of the time I use the panes as I like to visually see which artists that are in my library oher than thinking off the top of my head then searching for them

hope its not too far fetched

thanks

edit found a slight flaw
I assume if we had this feature the following code would only actually search the Album Artist field
[Album Artist]&datatype=[LIST]&mode=[search]

It would maybe have to be somewhere along the lines of
[Album Artist]&datatype=[LIST]&mode=[search]&searchfields=[Album Artist],[Artist],[Remixer],[Supporting Artist]

So in essence the pane would populate its list from [Album Artist] but when a selection is made in the pane mc would actually search for that name in Album Artist, Artist, Remixer and Supporting Artist fields

audioriver

« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2012, 06:54:55 am »

1. Over-the-Air EPG
2. Simpler/faster TV channels editing and favourite channel list accessing
3. Automatic Zone selection based on file type and/or display used
4. Blu-Ray menu support
Windows 10 Pro x64

1619Farm

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2012, 07:09:41 am »

1619Farm

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2012, 07:18:33 am »

The ability to mark files as "keep together" so that playlist see them as one sequental track -- because cetain songs belong together. Like stacking, but different...

vaso65

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2012, 09:04:32 am »

Insert in new release the possibility to change/remap the tags of the songs/videos during the transfer operation on ipod/handheld

For example:
   Field Database                         Field iPod/Handheld
   Year-Album           remap into   Album
   Artist(auto)           remap into   Artist

Thanks

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2012, 03:45:10 pm »

I'd like Gizmo to (optionally) be able to pause/mute audio when a phone call come in (and resume/un-mute when call is completed).

Z0001

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2012, 05:35:58 pm »

Power management from within MC to make it accessible

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2012, 06:34:12 pm »

Some of these are repeats from stuff already posted or modified requests of my own.  Apologize if there’s anything here that actually can already be done but while I’ve had MC since version 10, I’ve certainly not kept up with the (fantastic) depth the program offers.

Are there any thoughts of moving toward a SaaS model?   I’m involved with a salesforce.com deployment and am impressed with the configuration capabilities that the model offers..  it may not translate to this type of software…
  • Unified/Centralized Experience – playdoctor, audible, performer store, the various services accounts (CD Baby, Amazon, etc..), TV guide set-up/edit etc. all should be available in Theater View.  Then be able to add/remove these components as their own objects to different skins.
  • Streaming TV / Connect to Roku, HuluPlus, Amazon video accounts and queues in Theater View
  • Internet Radio
  • EQ button with access to presets; access to this from within Theater View (speaks to centralized experience for theater view above)
  • True client server behavior - Install media server component on home server or WHS so client UI can access media from any machine without having to keep one client PC running the server software.  At least be able to keep the library on the server.
  • Ability to customize text (font) and text items (I don’t want rating or how many times played, for instance) in album thumbnail view in standard view
  • Theater View Lite for Gizmo
  • Presets for zone combinations, ie “whole house” or “outside-kitchen”.  Access zones from Theater View and Gizmo
  • Alphabet at the top in theater view like in standard view.
  • Month/year slider on right in both views.  In standard view, this could be accomplished by showing month year as a tool tip-like window when holding and moving the right scroll bar.  Some android phone apps do this.
  • Interface specific to touchscreens – or maybe this can be created using custom skins.  But something designed from the ground up with this in mind would be fabulous, particularly for standard view
  • multi open windows within the screen, ie have three different library views open so I can move between them making selections without losing where I was in the list or view.
  • Browser bookmark buttons in theatre view – full browser in theater view.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2012, 10:39:20 pm »

• Internet Radio

Are you saying you want Internet Radio accessible from Theater View? There are ways to do this now, if you're interested.

Best way I've found is to create Playlists from the internet radio stations, then you can create a menu in Theater View to access just those playlists.

I've done this for Sky FM and Digitally Imported in the past and it works well.

pqcgebxm

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2012, 11:34:25 pm »

I'd like to be able to easily choose one or more output devices for each zone -- the way that Itunes does it. For example, while playing a zone, simply select any number of audio rendering devices, from a quickly accessible control. This is how Itunes allows you to push audio to any number of Airport Express or similar devices.

I know that the effect of this can be achieved with MC by using multiple zones and linking them together, but I find this to be a very awkward process. It's works more as a permanent setup, especially as the link timing does not appear to be persistent.

audioriver

« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2012, 01:44:51 am »

Also, FM/RDS Radio support.
Windows 10 Pro x64

Phil LD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2012, 04:49:27 am »

I would like to see the ability to play a whole album or playlist from memory as this allows hard drives to spin down for an hour or more.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2012, 05:04:39 am »

I would like to see the ability to play a whole album or playlist from memory as this allows hard drives to spin down for an hour or more.

+1 ...5th person to request this in this thread?

h8maintenance

• Recent member
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2012, 09:12:34 am »

I very much hope that the improvements to blu-ray disc and improvements to ISO handling discussed in the appropriate threads make it into MC18.

- In 2012/13, MC needs to be able to automatically import blu-ray, whether in folder or ISO format, in the same way as DVD, without manual user trickery and with auto import of metadata.
- Blu-rays should be marked as such in appropriate views, in the same way as DVDs are currently.
- MC should intercept open source developments in Blu-ray menuing so it can use non-Java menus, specifically Slysoft Speedmenu. XBMC should not have better bluray support than MC18.
- There should be semi-automatic configuring of an external player for Blu-ray, either for all Blu-ray or just for 3D, according to the user's wishes. If possible, MC should auto-discover if a disc is 3D, 2D or both and offer appropriate options. If auto-discovery is not possible then the user should be able to easily tag Blurays as 2D, 3D or 3D/2D.

- The player needs an "info" box (ideally when the info key available on most remotes is pressed) that in particular shows subtitle and audio language AND audio codec (eg. DTS HD-MA) so the user can quickly and easily see if the player has selected the right default subtitle/audio options.

1. Over-the-Air EPG
2. Simpler/faster TV channels editing and favourite channel list accessing
3. Automatic Zone selection based on file type and/or display used
4. Blu-Ray menu support

+1 for "Blu-Ray menu support", and "folder or ISO format, in the same way as DVD, without manual user trickery and with auto import of metadata..."

It's time that JRiver 18 includes these features.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2012, 11:57:35 am »

We need to fix importing foreign language posters from TMDb. Other front-ends do not seem to have this problem.

Regardless of whether it is possible to fix this (it should be), when manually importing metadata it should be possible to display ALL posters from any metadata source for the user to choose. Currently only one poster per source is displayed and for TMDb that is frequently a non-English poster.

Agree with this.  I frequently need to go to TMDb separately and manually download the poster I want.  In many cases, my preferred choice is not the 'favorite' one.

csimon

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2012, 02:36:23 pm »

DLNA Server - skip single choices

Option on each category to determine whether to skip automatically to next level if it only returns one choice.

DLNA Server - custom artwork on each category

On each category-level, the ability to choose artwork according to the value of the category.  For example, on a Genre level, use the value of the genre item to look for artwork relating to that value, e.g. Classical, and send it as the image for that folder, either from the web or a local directory.  On an Artist level, use the value of artist to look for a generic artist image, either on the web or from a local directory.  On a user-defined Category level (maybe, CDs, vinyl 7", vinyl 12") use the value of that category to send an associated image.  Options for this setting could be something like:

• Use the default icon that MC would generate, e.g. a fanned amalgamation of all artwork from the database for the items underneath this level, or a generic folder icon
  • Use a web service: Service = <Service name/URL>  Parameter = [%Artist%] (or [%Genre%] etc)
  • Use local image directory: Directory = \NAS\media\icons\category\  Filename = [%Category%].jpg

DLNA Server - turn on/off the All Items entry

For any category, the ability to show or hide the All Items entry at the top of the list, also to allow specifying what text to be shown if it is not hidden. For example, "All Artists" on an artist level could be renamed according to preference as "No Artist filter" or "All Albums", which sometimes makes more sense and is more logical that "All Artists". [EDIT - oopos, it looks like this one has alredy been implemented, apologies! It slipped me by.]

h8maintenance

• Recent member
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2012, 02:59:33 pm »

I would like to have the ability to launch version 18 without itself automatically closing v16 or v17. This has been changed since v17 where it closes v16 if the latter is already running. Of course, one can always restart 16 again after launching 17 but it's such an annoyance (if someone can point me to the thread that explains why this option has been suppressed, I'd be grateful.). This has not been the case between 16 and earlier versions.

How about a new executable icon too, to distinguish different versions between them.

srwooten

• Recent member
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2012, 05:30:12 pm »

The ability to mark files as "keep together" so that playlist see them as one sequental track -- because cetain songs belong together. Like stacking, but different...

+1

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2012, 05:57:11 pm »

I know the list is getting long, but I need to add two features.

I am getting ready to wire up the whole house for audio and would really love to use MC to head it up rather then Squeeze-box or Sonos. In order to ditch those I need Sirius internet streaming and either Pandora or Slacker. I also need to be able to control it from gizmo. I know the audio quality with these are lacking but when I am throwing a bbq on my deck my guests prefer compression more than my eclectic taste in audiophile music.

+1 for Pandora

jack wallstreet

« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2012, 06:38:27 pm »

Integration of MCiS, perhaps as an add-on or something.  Wishful thinking, I know.
John

ksvane

• World Citizen
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2012, 05:35:16 pm »

Here are some features, the lack of which has led me to use another music player instead of J River:

Tracks you've been listening to while not connected to the internet should be remembered and scrobbled to last.fm when you are back online.
The possibility to assign a custom start time and end time to a track in the library
Accuraterip support
And finally, because of prebuffering it is not possible to use the seek function towards the end of a playing track (depending on how many seconds the prebuffer is set to.)

Also, the inability to close the Action Window and the fact that tagging takes place in the side-bar and not in a pop-up window really annoyed me at first, but I gradually got used to it, I guess.

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2012, 08:06:06 pm »

Another Library Request:
When changing libraries, can the default import path change with the library?  My libraries are mostly based on the location of the files (a couple network drives, 1 Cloud drive, and a couple local drives).  When I change libraries and want to import files, the path is always the last path imported from the last libray I was in.  Would be nice if, not only each library had a default path, but also each file type in that libray should have it's own default path (or at least remember the last path used in that library for that file type.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2012, 03:00:35 am »

Please change the Bitstreaming options so that it is possible to send standard Dolby Digital & DTS as Bitstream but still allow DTS-HD MA & Dolby True HD as LPCM.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2012, 05:06:45 am »

1. Playlists don't have any info in the top display (where you can edit) to show total duration/number of tracks. Would be very useful when tagging is going on covering up the info window at the bottom.

2. Submitting tag changes immediately, and then closing MC means you can't re-open MC until all tags are done writing. Serious PITA if you close MC by accident and forgot you are tagging 100K files.

h8maintenance

• Recent member
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2012, 05:15:50 am »

2. Submitting tag changes immediately, and then closing MC means you can't re-open MC until all tags are done writing. Serious PITA if you close MC by accident and forgot you are tagging 100K files.

+1

HiFiTubes

« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2012, 05:32:12 am »

How about a dedicated Feature Request thread which uses modern voting tools, one click per IP or user account? Would people abuse this?

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2012, 06:13:59 am »

I'd like to be able to easily choose one or more output devices for each zone --

+1
For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2012, 03:03:29 pm »

Hello,

My suggestion is simple:

I would like the option to enable / disable: PLAYERBAR with automatic scrolling.
It is interesting to track name: very long

Regards,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

locust

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2012, 04:26:14 pm »

Some sort of face recognition system for images would be very handy to help with tagging photos.

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2012, 07:27:23 pm »

Ability to encode to two different locations in two different formats at the same time.  I always create MP3 and FLAC versions for mobile and local playback so it would be nice to be able to that in one operation

matey

« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2012, 12:05:20 am »

Another feature I'd like to see working with MC18 is support for Microsoft Communications API which has the ability to reduce the volume of other sounds/mute/pause (i.e. MC18) when the Microsoft Lync client is active on a voice call. This works quite nicely with WMP on Windows 7 and it appears to be part of a standard API. The user setting for this appears on a "Communications" tab in the Sound Control Panel, at least when Lync is installed.

This link shows the settings I'm writing about.
http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/mute-sound-in-windows-7-when-you-place-or-receive-telephone-calls/

swm

• Recent member
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2012, 08:54:42 am »

Since in the digital domain, the filters are affecting the sound result, it would be very interesting to have the possibility to modify the type of filter and the various related parameters on the re-sampling, DSD to PCM conversion, etc..

Thank you

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2012, 10:08:45 am »

In Theater View, can the menu's and caption be set to "Auto Hide" after a few seconds of mouse/keyboard inactivity?
Theater view is great when listening to my music.  Would like to have the menu's disappear from view when just listening and reappear on mouse/keyboard activity.

MM_switcher

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2012, 06:34:33 am »

(Better) Integration of MiniLyrics; something similar to the embedding of MediaMonkey

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2012, 12:11:07 pm »

I'd like to see improvement/automation in how cover art is handled when there is multiple images for a particular album.

Today, the way to do this is to include the image file types in the audio libraries and then also tag the image file with the same album/artist tag of the audio files.  This is a cumbersome process and also means I then have to hide files from the library view if i don't want them showing up in the track list.

I'd like to have a setting that allows me to automatically include all image files in an album folder in views where art is scrolled/rotated, including as background in theater view when listening to that album.  So, all i need to do is copy image files to the folder and MC does the rest of the work for me without it having to show up in library views of audio.

thanks

boot77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2012, 03:56:08 pm »

+1
+1, oeps wrong quote but it's an extra plus one for serving multiple libaries

boot77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2012, 03:59:36 pm »

DVBlink support
http://www.dvblogic.com/  :P

Phil LD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2012, 04:17:31 pm »

1. whole album loading into memory when "play from memory" is checked.
2. Face recognition for photos

dcyel

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2012, 05:55:54 pm »

Dunno if its possible but I would like to have support for playing Deezer and Spotify music streams through MC18 instead of using their own crappy player as I am a paying premium Deezer+ user.

lockdown571

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2012, 12:52:20 am »

Better blu-ray title selection logic (in order to identify the theatrical version) and/or blu-ray bdmv menu support (anydvd-hd can turn any BD-J menu into a simple bdmv menu on the fly). I figure full bd-j menus would be a pretty big hurdle.

csimon

« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2012, 04:37:12 am »

DLNA Server - option to use folder.jpg (or some other specificed filename) for the artwork for a container instead of the default fanned selection of artwork in that container

For example, a CD box set might have a different cover from the individual albums contained in the boxed set. Similarly, for movies such as Alien Quadrilogy.  This might work in conjunction with my previous request on page 3 to be able to define custom artwork for each category, where the "default" MC-generated icon would either be composite image, a blank folder icon, or folder.jpg - or it could be considered as part of the "local image directory" option.  The only issue here is that unless the category lists items by physical folder (as opposed by some metadata), I guess it will be difficult to work out where the physical folder.jpg is. I guess the easiest answer is to look in the directory of the first media item in the list, i.e. for a boxed set that has each volume in a subfolder, therefore the first track is BoxedSet/Volume1/Track1.mp3 then look for BoxedSet/Volume1/folder.jpg.

Note also that all my requests are for DLNA Server as that is what I use MC for, but in theory they should be applied to all views for consistency, i.e. library view, theater view, web services/Gizmo etc., which also further supports my request for a unified view library!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up