INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 80260: CD-name not taken  (Read 1218 times)

WolfA

Version 80260: CD-name not taken
« on: April 27, 2002, 10:07:12 am »

When importing MP3 files from a CD with a name, e.g. Complete_CDs_05, MJ shows in the File Location something like (0x6FDBBF43).

Why not the CD-name???

Regards, Wolfgang

ribble

RE:Version 80260: CD-name not taken
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2002, 11:53:04 am »

That is one of the problems I noted in "Update Library Removes Files.." below.  I also have subsequently noted that these codings also appear in "Media Library" subheading "File Location".  I have heard of other programs that use the CD serial #, but with MJ,this is not the serial # written on the CD.  It seems to be an internal coding on the CD.

WolfA

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2002, 04:15:21 am »

Thanks - "ribble" - for your reply. I thought I'm the only one who has that problem.

MJ team - can you further investigate this? It's in all revs with Windows NT and ME.

Regards, Wolfgang

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2002, 05:50:58 am »

Media Jukebox 8 uses the volume ID (that funny hex number) instead of the drive letter.  That way, we aren't tied to a single-removable drive, but instead simply to the media.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

WolfA

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2002, 06:20:43 am »

Matt,

but who knows what CD is named "0x6FDBBF43"???!!!!!
Do you?

And what about renaming it? How - where? It's grayed out.

Wolfgang

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2002, 07:58:19 am »

That hex number is mapped to the volume name, and the volume name is what is presented to the user.  Just ignore the hex number.

To rename a disc, go to Media Library -> CD and DVD media -> select the disc -> Edit/Rename (F2).  

If there are "(unassigned)" tracks, they are leftovers from old builds of 8.0 that had a bug in this area.  You may need to erase "removable.jmd" from your library directory to reset those tracks.

You can also rename a disc from under Devices.

If rename is disabled, could you send me a screenshot showing that? (matt@jriver.com)

Thanks Wolfgang.

-Matt

WolfA

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2002, 09:10:07 am »

Hi Matt,

after deleting all Media Libaries and importing the CD newly, I was able to change the CD-name manually (this I couldn't do before). This might be a workaround this trouble.

Within the file location, I was not able to rename the CD, it was grayed out. Do you want to see that as JPG?

Regards, Wolfgang

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2002, 09:18:09 am »

That's good news.

And you can't change the volume name from inside of File Properties.  (because the volume name is linked to the whole CD, not any particular song)

Take care.

-Matt

WolfA

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2002, 09:26:13 am »

Matt,

no, when I select the File Properties, then the registration screen opens (may due to the fact that I just use the freeware part - so far).

Wolfgang

WolfA

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2002, 07:06:42 am »

Hi MJ

I still believe that this behaviour is bad since in the file location (sorted by file file-nam/location the funny hex-# shows also. So, I cannot see which CD I have to insert to play the title. Imagine you have 10|PLS| Cds!!!

Wolfgang
Pages: [1]   Go Up