INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing tracks in WebRemove / WebGizmo display (but not in library)  (Read 1352 times)

JamieShanks

• Recent member

Hi everyone,

First for the developers if they happen to see this - I just started playing around with the WebRemote/WebGizmo doohickeys in the latest version and wow, that's absolutely brilliant.  Especially WebGizmo.  It's just so un-webby!  Exactly what I needed, a really clever way to do remote control from one machine to another.  I upgraded just for this :)

I seem to be having one small, weird slightly infuriating problem though - some albums don't display all their tracks in the Webremote and Webgizmo views.

What I've worked out so far:

WebRemove and WebGizmo both show the same incorrect listing (so I assume it's the server end causing this?).  Also the same behaviour happens in both Chrome and Firefox.

The missing tracks' files are actually in the server J River library.  One album, at least, has doubled-up tracks (from me re-adding them to try and fix this), but most do not. 

I've done multiple manual re-imports (by dragging the files onto J River) and multiple redos of auto import, trying to fix this, so something could be messed up in the library.  But I've done a 'redo library from tags' on the whole library as this was mentioned here as fixing missed-file import issues, and I've also deleted all the files from the library and re-added them.

The problem isn't the number of characters in the filename - this was also mentioned here as a source of import problems.   Some filenames that do display are longer than some which don't.

These files were ripped album-by-album, so files that do show up and don't show up were from the same CD, created at the same time, etc.  The files are all in the same windows folder.  All those I've seen doing this are Apple Lossless .m4a files, but this is only half a dozen, so may not be significant.

There is no obvious pattern to which files aren't shown - it isn't albums with the same name by different artists, or anything obvious like that.  E.g. one album is missing the last file, one is missing the fifth, and one four tracks in the middle.

The server is running J River 17.0.182.

This isn't a huge issue, it's more me being a perfectionist, but -

Has anyone come across this before?  And is there anything I obvious I've missed to try to fix it?

And is there anything in the way WebGizmo deals with files, and builds its track lists, that's different from the main library?  I mean, if the main server library can see a file, it should be showing it in WebGizmo, right?  Or is that a big assumption?

Many thanks in advance

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing tracks in WebRemove / WebGizmo display (but not in library)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:46:27 am »

Did you have a look in Options => Media Network => Advanced => Customize Views? WebGizmo and WebRemote use separate views, not the views available in Standard View or Theatre View. If the views are configured differently they can show different sets of files.

JamieShanks

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:11:09 am »

Ah, no, I didn't realise that.  Cool, I'll have a hunt around, thanks for that!

Slightly odd extra on this - I can actually play the missing files from WebGizmo by adding them to the 'now playing' from the server - next/previous on WebGizmo are happy to play files it can't see in the album.

I'm guessing that implies something to do with views :)

JamieShanks

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:26:44 am »

vagskal, thanks a million for that.  Good call.

Fixed now - I'm not sure what I did but opening the view options screens and ok-ing to close them seems to have unjammed something.  I didn't actually make any changes, but hey...

Sometimes I hate computers :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up