INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manually Fix EPG?  (Read 2544 times)

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Manually Fix EPG?
« on: August 02, 2012, 01:48:47 pm »

So I discovered this morning that I actually do receive an NBC station through my minimal cable service (huzzah!), but that the EPG marked it as the general purpose TWC channel (that runs the same generic "show" all day long). Obviously this isn't very useful, especially for recording purposes. Is there a way to fix this? I couldn't find any MC options, but I'm thinking that at the least there is an XML file that I could edit? There appears to be some sort of unique channel ID, can I just change that (in my presumed XML file) and let MC update using the new ID?

Thanks for any pointers,
Jon

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Manually Fix EPG?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 08:53:10 pm »

You can run EPG update manually once, when it gets to the part of "matching channels to their xmltv ID" part, select the correct XMLTV ID for the channel.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:10:56 am »

You can run EPG update manually once,
Can you elaborate on how to do this? I thought you meant "scan for channels", but when I ran that it did the scan thing for a while and when I came back the scan progress window had disappeared and I was looking at the same channel line up that was there when I left.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 08:32:39 am »

"Load Program Guide...", not "Scan for channels...".

If I understand you correctly, you have a channel, say, channel 5, that actually shows NBC, but the guide says it's something else.  There must be another channel in the guide that says it's NBC right?  When you run Load Program Guide, using one of the XMLTV options, you will reach a step where you match your channels with XMLTV IDs.  There you can match your "channel 5" with the XMLTV ID for the NBC station.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:02:41 am »

This appears to have worked. Thank You!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up