INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.260 Beta Available...  (Read 8934 times)

eso

• World Citizen
RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.260 Beta Available...
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2002, 11:46:51 pm »

- With skinning enabled other windows overlapping MJ that are brought to top are still sometimes not redrawn correctly.

- Play/Pause key on MS keyboard still doesn't work correctly.

JollyJim

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2002, 11:51:03 pm »

A small request - could we have the credits in descending age order so that I come first - thanks !!

Have a nice Sunday everyone - Jim
listening to the Barber of Seville Overture on MJ v285

sekim

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2002, 02:49:25 am »

Converting files from ape to mp3 VBR caused MJ to black screen, C-A-D caused system restart.

Next try produced this error message...

WINOLDAP caused a general protection fault
in module WINOA386.MOD at 0002:0000271a.

Strange because it didn't say MJ was the culprit, even though MJ was the only app running at the time. When I clicked close MJ kept running with no apparent ill effects. Any thoughts?

sekim

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2002, 06:02:34 am »

After sitting idle for an hour or so MJ gave this error message...

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module WNASPI32.DLL at 0167:760e1470.

This came up after inserting a CD for ripping and clicking on the drive letter.

Mystecti

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2002, 09:42:21 am »

1) When MJ8 crashes I get a dialog box saying it created a log file somewhere.  It would be great if that dialog box also included the name & location of the log file.

2) How about an option to eject a CD when ripping complete?

3) How about including the track number in the ripping window (with the track selection check boxes)?

Thanks!

sekim

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2002, 01:23:38 pm »

Inserted brand new CD in without starting MJ, starts playing no problem. Stop playback to rip and get this error message...

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused a general protection fault
in module GDI.EXE at 0003:00000820.

LCtheDJ

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2002, 01:35:53 pm »

Here's the short version: If a track is listed twice on the Playing Now list, and one of them is currently playing, the other will become the currently playing after doing a sort.

Here's the long version: I took a chance on 8.0.260 and used it to DJ at a dance last night.  I put on a list of over 250 tracks in Playing Now and rearranged it as needed during the night.  Here's the scenario: The track at Seq. #5 is playing. I want the track at Seq. #225 to play next, so I use the Send feature to make it play after the currently playing song.  Since MJ does not MOVE the track, but COPIES it, I now have two copies of it, one at Seq. #6 and one at Seq. #226 (because of the copy, I now have one more entry on the list and all past #6 have increased list position by 1).  The play moves on to #6 and I start to look for another song to make next.  Because there is no SEARCH in Playing Now, I sort by clicking on a column heading so I can find an appropriate song to put next.  I find one and make it next.  The sort goes back to normal (sorted by Seq.).  But now instead of the song at #6 being the one playing, the copy at #227 is (remember I just added another when I made another 'next' so 226 became 227). Now my play sequence is totally off and the next song to play will be one in my "reserve pool" instead of the one I had planned, which should be #7 - not #227.  To keep this from happening, I had to either delete the no longer wanted copy, or drag the track to next instead of sending to 'next'.  This only happened after doing a re-sort by column heading clicking.

I hope I didn't lose you with the long version.  The boil down comes to this.  If making a track on Playing Now MOVE to next instead of COPY to next, I think this probably wouldn't happen.  That or a better way of tracking which copy is the one actually playing so the focus doesn't switch is needed.

Roger the Shrubber

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2002, 01:51:31 pm »

MJ hangs when trying to get rare album images from the internet e.g. Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces (1961 album).

Clicking on cancel results in three overlayed whited-out windows and an MJ lockup. Need to exit program via task manager.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.260

CPU: Intel Pentium III 869 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 91 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

cjdshaw

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2002, 02:17:41 pm »

Mystecti :

> When MJ8 crashes I get a dialog box saying it created a log file somewhere. It would be great if that dialog box also included the name & location of the log file.

As far as I know, MJ doesn't write any error logs. Windows 2000 and NT catch certain types of crash and give this message:

MediaJukebox.e.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created.

This is caused by the Dr. Watson debugger. You can control its behaviour and view its logs by running drwtsn32.exe. Unless you're a developer, it doesn't tend to be that useful though. I've disabled crash dumps as it takes too long every time a programme crashes.

sekim

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2002, 02:42:53 pm »

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module MEDIA JUKEBOX.EXE at 0167:00466c96.

Trying to rip a new CD that has never been in the machine gives me this error.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2002, 02:51:43 pm »

Machinehead,
Try turning off skins.  You're having a lot of strange problems.  Could be something else, but try the skins.

Next time you're on the fifth floor and it's blowing 40 miles an hour, tie yourself off.  We don't want to see you blown overboard.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2002, 03:11:10 pm »

Jim,

Thought about skins. But I have a feeling it may be the CD itself. Have not had any problems with older CDs that have been through CDDB. Is MJ still able to look up CDs before a rip?

sekim

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2002, 03:27:59 pm »

OK, deleted all previous attempts with this CD and backed up library. Next, disabled skins for a short timt to manually enter track names. Re-enabled skins and I'm ripping as I type. It was giving me some static with VBR encoder to begin with. Right now it's not, I'll see how this one goes. Should have mentioned in the first post that the I was connected to the internet when the problems began. I don't think that should have been a problem, we'll see. Have another new disk to rip after this one. Maybe I'll disconnect first and see what happens.

Forgot to mention... Thanks for note of concern Jim. But I'm too fat for a lil' ol' gust of wind like that. Next Page Maybe 45 mph.

RemyJ

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2002, 04:25:09 pm »

Maybe coincidental but I'm getting lots of CDDB problems with this build...

CDs that when inserted, come up with incorrect artist and album then immediately cause MJ to crash.
Example:  GN'R Lies comes up as Allman Brothers, Brothers and Sisters, then crashes.  Bring up MJ again and Update CDDB and it crashes again.  I tried flushing the CDDB cache but no joy.  I had to rip this CD with MusicMatch.

Out of 50 CDs ripped with 8.0.260 at least 25% have come up initially with missing track names.  
Update CDDB fixes the problem.  I've ripped aout 250 CDs with the previous 4 releases and have not had this problem.

Several CDs (Hole, Live Through This for one) cause "Unknown SL Error: cddbErrorStringId() needs an update" followed by a C   Runtime Error.

Remy
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

sekim

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2002, 06:03:02 pm »

RemyJ,

Are you skinned? Disabled the skins and viola, it works. That did seem to help. Got the same thing on the above post. Missing, and tracks that were wrongly named.

CPU: Intel Pentium II 333 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 24 MB

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995
Aspi32.sys: N/A

RemyJ

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2002, 06:35:31 pm »

>>>Are you skinned? Disabled the skins and viola, it works

Yes and No.  I disabled skinning and...

GN'R Lies comes up as GN'R Lies in the tree and garbage in the right window: a mix of tracks from "Brothers and Sisters", and garbage characters in Artist.
Update from CDDB does correctly refresh.
At least it doesn't crash.

Indigo Girls Shaming of the Sun came up with some track names missing and all upper case.
Update from CDDB captured all the tracks and restored mixed case.

Remy
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2002, 07:06:15 pm »

LCtheDJ>

Because there is no SEARCH in Playing Now

Try Ctrl-Q

marty3d

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2002, 10:19:29 pm »

Bug: When you use "Import media...", the filenames in the scanning process are converted from '&' to '_'. Media Jukebox is skinned (don't know if it works OK without skins)

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2002, 01:45:55 am »

Problem with plug-in manager.

Click on tool-bar icon, MJ crashes with GDI error message (sometimes, not always). Didn't capture full message text last time around, because I had to reboot and lost what was on the clipboard.

When this happens, it is not replicated by clicking on Plugin Manager in the settings drop-down.

Alternatively: plugin Manager opens, but none of the links to the download pages are active, PM freezes, must exit through C-A-D. This occurs when the Manager is accessed either through the icon or the drop-down.

System Info:

CPU: Intel Pentium II 450 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 163 MB, Free - 50 MB
Resource Info: System - 48 %, GDI - 62 %, User - 48 %

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995
Aspi32.sys: N/A

ZA, Rambooster, Cookie Pal and POW open. Ditto Media Server.

BTW, merge library function now works in 8.0.260. Thanks. But wasn't there a short-cut to cloning libraries in the prior builds? Could one be added /restored in the future?

HTH

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2002, 07:50:57 am »

Hi - Disk writer doesn't close the final file in the playlist unless you close MJ.
Namaste,
John

JohnT

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2002, 08:04:37 am »

CD Labeler Print quality using cover art has horizontal lines 1/16" apart from top to bottom when you print label. The lines are the same color same length every time you print the label. The lines are various colors.

Could you send the graphic file to me (johnt@jriver.com) and I'll take a look at it?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2002, 10:32:42 am »

Hey Matt,
Let me make sure we understand each other. I said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Sort in r.panel reverts most unctuously to default sort after every action. Stop it! Stop it I say, you cad, you...you (re)bounder!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said

>>Sorting is not remembered on a per-view basis. Perhaps MJ 9.0...

What I mean is that the sort reverts even if focus never leaves the right panel. So if I sort, and then drag a song to the left panel and drop it, the right panel reverts. That is most annoying, and seriously detracts from the utility of MJ. I can see the view reverting if I leave and come back. MJ 7 acted just fine in this respect.

Oh.  I see.  It'll be all better next build.  The "full" update will still happen in Device views, but otherwise you'll just get a passive update where the sorting / files remain the same, but the info gets updated.

Thanks for clearing that up.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2002, 10:39:07 am »

Next, I am still having trouble ripping some CD song tracks. My offer still stands: I will send you the discs that I am having trouble with. This happens both on my Win2000 machine and on my Win98 Machine with 4 different CD players, and two different CD player configurations. I will bring the message to JohnT to the top.

I ordered one of those disks you mentioned, so I can see if I can reproduce the problem here.

ZRocker

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2002, 10:42:28 am »

Update:
1. Clicked the Stop button in MEGA-ME mode (MEGA-ME skins disabled) and got that 'too much spent data' error again (3rd time now with this release...never seen this error before in MJ 7.0 or 8.0).

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2002, 11:28:35 am »

The CD Label wizard left tree (with the icons) is out of the box, the grey part comes out of line
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up