INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changed Gizmo icons, but buttons don't change? Any ideas  (Read 1901 times)

kmrylander

• Junior Woodchuck
Changed Gizmo icons, but buttons don't change? Any ideas
« on: August 13, 2012, 02:36:09 pm »

I think Gizmo is a really neat extra way of controlling J River.  I saw a post a while ago about changing the color of the buttons (with no replies) and it lead me to fiddle around ( I too find them too light.)

I was able to change the default icons, since its obvious that the Large icons are the same ones used in Gizmo and WebGizmo.  The icons changed (I used some simple icons I liked just to make sure it works).  It changed in both Gizmo and WebGizmo.

I also changed the button backgrounds, play/pause/foward/reverse icons and header colors for the Now Playing screen, but this does nothing in Gizmo, though it does change in WebGizmo (except the button backgrounds which I don't think are in the web version). ??

Any ideas why the icons change, but not the Now playing screen buttons?  I hope I haven't stepped on any toes and done something I shouldn't have.    Its weird that I can change one but not the other and that the player buttons change on WebGizmo but not Gizmo.

Gizmo is great, it would be fun to just change a few things to my liking, but  I understand if there is no way or if I shouldn't be altering someone else's work like this.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. ( I cleared the cache of the tablet, rebooted, etc on both the tablet and phone, to no avail) 
(sorry about the REALLY crummy pics-I just snapped pictures from the webcam  while the tablet was playing)

Thanks

Ken

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changed Gizmo icons, but buttons don't change? Any ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 02:03:55 am »

I don't have an Android device so I don't use Gizmo.  I can't answer the question about why the button backgrounds don't change.  I have done quite a bit of customisation with WebGizmo. 

You are fee to make whatever changes you like but, you will want to avoid them being overwritten when you next update the software.  Copy the Gizmo\Default folder and paste it back into the Gizmo folder and give it a new name.  Now go to the Tools > Options > Media Network setting for the Gizmo and WebGizmo appearance and select your new name option. 

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

kmrylander

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 01:41:10 pm »

Thanks Nick.  I wasn't aware of that.  I don't have much worth saving right now, but its great to know the right way to do it.

Do you have a screenshot you would be willing to share of how you have customized WebGizmo--I can see there would be lots of room on the screen to work with, but I can't figure out how it could look (not sure I have the skill to understand the html files and edit them correctly anyway).

If not, I understand.

Thanks

Ken

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 06:43:35 pm »

Thanks Nick.  I wasn't aware of that.  I don't have much worth saving right now, but its great to know the right way to do it.

Do you have a screenshot you would be willing to share of how you have customized WebGizmo--I can see there would be lots of room on the screen to work with, but I can't figure out how it could look (not sure I have the skill to understand the html files and edit them correctly anyway).

If not, I understand.

Thanks

Ken

Still very much work in progress but I posted one of my pages here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72567.msg498722#msg498722

Nick
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up