INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making Multiple Selections in a Specific Pane Do AND Instead of OR  (Read 752 times)

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe

I have a panes view that is showing everything. Now I would like to make a pane with items that excludes things from that view and if I select multiple items in that pane I would like the files in the file list (or I am actually using album thumbnails for that view) to narrow down as I select items in the pane to exclude. I would, for example, like to be able to exclude both files that I have marked as bonus tracks and files that I have marked as live tracks (and files that I have marked as bootleg, etc.). Is that possible? I tried with a search list and with expressions in the pane but could not get it to work. Is there a feasible workaround?

To cover all possible combinations of exclusion options with searches/playlist group would require me to create MANY smartlists. (Although I am not good at mathematics I can imagine that this will be the case with some 10 exclusion criteria. Matt or MrC would know for sure. They are good with huge values.)

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Making Multiple Selections in a Specific Pane Do AND Instead of OR
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 05:49:08 pm »

I think there was a thread about this last year, expressing the desire to have an Exclude pane.  Currently all panes are Inclusive.

A workaround maybe: create a pane (with 2-way filtering disabled) that lists your exclude values.  Ctrl-Select all items to exclude, and then select Ctrl-Shift-A to invert the selection.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

vagskal

Re: Making Multiple Selections in a Specific Pane Do AND Instead of OR
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 04:25:32 am »

Thanks for the reply. I found the large thread about exclude panes (it was from 2009, before my time here I think) and the solution to my use case: In the search list pane just set Matching to Match all!

Simple, but I had never understood what that option was for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up