INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem: Web Gizmo interpreting views differently from Standard view and DLNA  (Read 1321 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe

My standard Videos view has sub-menus of Movies and Music Video.  The Music Video menu has sub-menus of Artist, Genre, Song, and HD.

The Artist menu simply selects the Artist tag and there is a modifier on Set Rules for File Display so that files are displayed in Track Number order.  This is so that I can order the videos how I want, not alphabetically.  (Useful for where I have lots of videos by an artist and want them listed in chronological order).

This has been copied directly to both the DLNA views and the Gizmo views, using the option "Use item from standard view".

However, although Standard View and DLNA present the files correctly, Web Gizmo (and anything that uses web services such as JRemote) does not.  In fact, Web Gizmo and JRemote show the same error, which is understandable as JRemote uses the web services views as Gizmo does.

The two incorrect symptoms are:

1. In my Music Video menu, not only do I see the folder icons for Artist, Genre, Song and HD, on the same level all the artists are also listed. They should not appear. Standard view and DLNA apps only show the 4 sub-folders.

2. When drilling down into an Artist, the individual fiels are listed alphabetically, not in track number order.

I stress that the view was copied directly into Gizmo and DLNA configs without modification fromt he standard view.

Do you need screenshots to clarify?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

That's a good description, no screen shot needed at the time. We'll look into it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up