INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very slow startup of DVDs ripped as folder structures  (Read 1577 times)

milev_r

• Recent member
Very slow startup of DVDs ripped as folder structures
« on: September 06, 2012, 10:19:36 am »

When I play a DVD title ripped as folder structure it takes about 1-2 minutes until the DVD menu shows up. All I see in the meantime is a black screen. Interestingly, a mounted ISO file DVD plays just fine.

I have tried this with multiple titles and they all behave the same. I am using RO High, but tried switching to RO Standard, and still the same behaviour.

Seems similar to this post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73123.0 , but ISO play fine in my case..

Any ideas how to debug this?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Very slow startup of DVDs ripped as folder structures
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:33:24 am »

I wonder if it's having trouble downloading updated video playback components.  Does it say "Adding required components.." in the playback window?  Are you on Windows XP?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

milev_r

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:52:31 am »

I am on Win7 64bit. It does not say anything, just shows a black screen. Is there a way to send you some logs?

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 12:13:43 pm »

Yes, after it occurs go to Help/Logging and send a log file to johnt at jriver dot com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

milev_r

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 03:58:09 pm »

No luck getting any response on the email address provided after a few emails over few weeks ? ? ?

After trying out a few more things it turns out the issue only occurs for DVDs stored on external drives. Same folder located on an internal drive plays back fine. I have 2 Drobos one connected via USB 2 and the other via Firewire and they both exhibit the problem. All my other media in on these drives and plays fine.

I also read somewhere of similar issues introduced post build 17.184, but have not tried downgrading to confirm.

I would really appreciate some help on this, as it is obviously a bug.

Sauzee

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 05:42:38 pm »

I've had exactly the same issue with DVD folders. Takes about 3 minutes before playback begins. Other videos start immediately.

Edit - actually i'm experiencing this in MC 18.
Pages: [1]   Go Up