INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 8 Warning!  (Read 2969 times)

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
Windows 8 Warning!
« on: September 06, 2012, 08:37:57 pm »

I have been running Windows 8 x64 RTM now for the past few weeks. I have early access through my Technet subscription. I have loaded it on 2 machines; my desktop and my laptop. I am unable to get Win8 to recognize my iPod Classic on either machine. An exhaustive search on the web shows I am not the only one. Not only do I have 2 Windows 8 installs but I also have 2 iPod Classics. I have an older 80GB and a brand new 160GB. Neither iPod will work on either machine. A peek at device manager shows the iPod with a yellow exclamation mark. Update drivers doesn't solve the problem. I have the latest iTunes installed on my Laptop and that doesn't seem to make a difference. Windows isn't recognizing the device at all.

I have gone back to Windows 7 for the time being. Luckily, I created a disk image before I upgraded so it was easy to go back. Once Windows 8 hits the retail shelves I'd be interested to hear if anybody else has the same problem or not.

phytio

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Windows 8 Warning!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:20:23 pm »

Is this a problem you had with the release preview? I have that and an ipod 5.5G (I think) that is recognised by Media Center ok...
Pages: [1]   Go Up