INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help with zone and DLNA  (Read 1658 times)

egosselin

Need Help with zone and DLNA
« on: September 19, 2012, 03:46:38 pm »

Hello,

i new here and new with network media sharing with DLNA and Media Center 17.  I want to add zone and link my zone with my current renderer (Toshiba Bluray Player),  a also have a PS3, but my Media Center didn't see them,  and i don't see where to link it with my  New zone.  I also use My River to control my media center, so my DLNA seem to work.

Anybody have a suggestion ?

Thank in advance

EG

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need Help with zone and DLNA
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 08:54:41 am »

Hello,

i new here and new with network media sharing with DLNA and Media Center 17.  I want to add zone and link my zone with my current renderer (Toshiba Bluray Player),  a also have a PS3, but my Media Center didn't see them,  and i don't see where to link it with my  New zone.  I also use My River to control my media center, so my DLNA seem to work.

Anybody have a suggestion ?

Thank in advance

EG
The PS3 is a DLNA player, not a DLNA renderer. This means you can pull content from the PS3 using it's UI (crossbar) but you can't push content to it.
Most (but not all) Bluray players are the same, I'm not sure about your Toshiba. You can look it up by model number at http://dlna.org. Devices that are labeled DMR are pushable renderers that will show up as zones in MC. Devices that are labeled DMP will only pull content. Some of the Sony BD players are DMR.

egosselin

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 11:39:39 am »

Thank you Bob for your fast anwser.  Do you know if there have a list of compatible renderer with Media Center 17 ?  I have Airport Express and Apple TV, can they be use as renderer ?  If not, do you know good renderer for about 100-200$ ?

Thank you

EG

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:23:15 am »

WD TV Live is a popular DLNA renderer.

egosselin

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 06:55:58 am »

WD TV Live is a popular DLNA renderer.

Thank you csimon, i will take a look for this one.

EG
Pages: [1]   Go Up