INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable Subscription  (Read 4715 times)

tmarnik

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Portable Subscription
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:48:45 pm »

I recently upgraded to the portable subscription but when I try to transfer a Performer Store song to my Droid Razr Maxx, I get the following message:

None of the tracks can be transferred.
Device is not compatible with subscription tracks.

Obviously the extra money for the portable subscription isn't worth it if it doesn't actually work.

tmarnik

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Portable Subscription
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 12:40:08 pm »

Is there anybody out there who can help with this? The description of the Portable Subscription:

Get everything in the Standard Subscription plus the ability to listen to all your music on any compatible portable music player.

I can't find a list of "compatible" portable music players anywhere, but I have a hard time imagining that a pretty popular Android device would somehow not be compatible.

The fact that I can find zero documentation on the Performer Store, and the fact that this forum really feels like a ghost town, has me asking the question again: am I the only one who is paying to use and actually gives a crap about the Performer Store? Am I crazy for pumping my money into something that doesn't actually work all the way and nobody seems to care about???

Can anybody help?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 12:42:37 pm »

Subscription content uses WMA protection.  This means only Microsoft certified players (Plays For Sure) will work.  I'm not aware of any Android devices that meet this requirement.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tmarnik

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 01:11:48 pm »

OK. It would be nice if that bit of information were posted in the description about what the Portable Subscription buys you. I could have saved myself a few bucks.

And forgive me for going on a bit of a rant here, but I really don't understand why such a great feature like the Performer Store is being left to languish from a total lack of love. The last I checked, Android was the most widely used smartphone OS - and it's not supported??

I dabbled with Spotify briefly and it was ridculously easy to either stream content to my phone when I was on network, or download it to my phone so I could play it when I was off network - and I could do that for $10 a month instead of $16! It makes absolutely no sense to me that Performer Store doesn't provide those same capabilities on a phone OS that people actually use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up