INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver to Roku Box  (Read 25034 times)

Stinger303

• Recent member
JRiver to Roku Box
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:09:27 pm »

Hello,

I have searched this forum but haven't found a guide to stream to a roku box using JRiver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver to Roku Box
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:35:18 pm »

I don't think it is a DLNA device... See link..

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61361.0

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Mud

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 04:54:11 pm »

This falls under the category of any help.

If you just want to stream audio and video from your network computers to your Roku puck then the Plex channel on Roku will probably work well for you.  It worked easily for me with just a few minutes of setup, and I'm not an expert.  Maybe the MC developers can study Plex and add its Roku capabilities to a future MC update.  A JRiver channel on Roku might be a good source of MC sales.

Qball786

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 06:43:54 am »

Good morning,

I'm having some real issues with my current Plex Media Centre configuration, especially when it comes to having it see TV Series. So I discovered the JRiver MC and downloaded very early this AM. The primary devices I use for streaming video are 2 x Roku 2 XD boxes. I also have an Xbox 360 and a couple of Android Gingerbread tablets.

My question is however, based on your comment above, how do you access the JRiver MC content through Plex in order to stream it through to the Roku box. I have the Plex channel set-up, but then I need to make the leap from there to accessing the JRiver MC content. I can't seem to find anything in the forums here or on the Plex site to help.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. This looks to be a very cool alternative and it's already doing a much better job than Plex seeing the TV show details etc.

Thanks,

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 08:36:09 am »

What are you using Plex for when you're using JRiver MC? I'm not sure if I get the problem. Unless you're talking about DLNA, MC does not provide much data for other media solutions. In that case, MC would only be a library of media, and the playback from other Media Players would basically just access the Media Files directly from the disk. However, if Roku can handle DLNA in any way, MC should be able to provide streaming to the device.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Qball786

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:22:28 am »

I'm not too sure if I need to be using Plex at all moving forward either. To the best of my knowledge, the Roku 2 still unfortunately doesn not support DLNA natively. Instead it relies on the use of "channels" to access media servers such as PlayOn and Plex (PMS). From the reply above, I inferred that there was a way to have the JRiver MC stream content through my Plex MC, so it was accessible via my Plex Channel on the Roku 2 XD.

So I guess in this instance, I'm hoping there is a way to get the JRiver MC instance talking to the Plex MC, so I can stream content to the Roku box via Plex.

Does that make more sense?

Sorry, still very new to this, so I'm hoping my explanations are correct,

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 09:58:42 am »

It makes sense, yes. But I have to withdraw from the discussion, as I do not have a single clue as to how that works :) Good luck. Hope you find a solution.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

danvm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 01:27:42 pm »

The Roku has a Media Player app that you can use to access the JRiver Media Center Server. Just be sure to have JRiver's Media Server running on the PC that has the content you wish to access, launch the Roku Media Player app, and select the DLNA server related to JRiver Media Center.
Pages: [1]   Go Up