INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server/DLNA  (Read 2290 times)

tmarnik

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Library Server/DLNA
« on: September 26, 2012, 04:33:14 pm »

My main Media Server PC has an extensive playlist of songs from the Performer Store. I am connecting to my Media Server libary from my laptop in another room.

The laptop plays songs that are on the Media Server disk, but it will not play the songs from the Performer Store. I get the message:

Something went wrong with playback.
Details:
The file could not be found. Check that the filename in the library matches the filename on disk.

I'm running MC18 and I've tried connecting to my Media Server machine from the laptop as a Library Server, and as a DLNA Device. The only way I can even see the Performer Store songs in the library is when I connect to Library Server.

I haven't tried this in a while, but I'm pretty darn sure that this used to work fine back in MC16 or MC17 when I first signed up for the Performer Store.

Can somebody help?

tmarnik

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Library Server/DLNA
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:02:02 am »

I have a little more information. I tried exporting my Performer Store playlist on the Media Server and I imported it into MC on my laptop. The laptop will not play any of the songs in that imported playlist, but if I search for the songs in the Performer Store, the laptop plays them fine.

So it seems like there is some kind of a portability issue with the track info for a song in the Perfomer Store that ties it to the MC install where you added the song to the library.

It did not work this way in the past, and it is severely limiting the value of the Perfomer Store.

I've been a subscriber since the debut, and I am quickly getting frustrated with the unreasonable limitations. Can somebody help, so I don't have to abandon my subscription and switch to Spotify?
Pages: [1]   Go Up