INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album and Disk name help please.  (Read 1563 times)

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
Album and Disk name help please.
« on: September 30, 2012, 05:11:39 am »

I have an album with 2 disks, the album has one name and each disk also has a name. I thought I could use the album Title field to hold the disk name but what happens is that the album title field stays an exact copy of the album field.

what is the album title field for ? and how do you guy's handle this situation?

I could create a custom field and call it disk name or something and use that field in my various rules, that would work but it might bite me in the butt when trying to play the tracks on mp3 players, since they don't read any custom tags.

(Please, pretty please, please with frosting and sprinkles on top :-* :-* :-*, make gizmo capable of playing local files with full reading support of custom tags someday)

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album and Disk name help please.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 11:50:22 am »

I do not have a stock [Album Title] field. Did you perhaps create it for this purpose? Is the [Album Title] field a custom expression field with the expression "[Album]"?

I created a custom [Disc Title] field for this purpose and have the stock [Album] field set to the same name for all discs in the album.

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
Re: Album and Disk name help please.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 05:17:35 pm »

wow I feel silly, Album Title is a custom field that I had created and forgotten about Dur...

I decided to go ahead and create another custom field Disc Name and will be using that in my rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up