INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC controlling volume when using an ASIO driver  (Read 2380 times)

billkru

MC controlling volume when using an ASIO driver
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:29:51 pm »

I've tried to research this question and want to make certain of my understanding of this issue.

I'm using JRiver version 17 on a Windows 7 system.  If I install an ASIO driver that's required for a USB DAC that I'm considering evaluating, it's my understanding that MC can control the volume of the audio stream being fed to the DAC.  To do that would require that I've specified that Audio Output is being sent to the ASIO driver, that I've specified Exclusive Mode, and that I've set the colume control to Internal mode.

The discussion threads on sites that mention JRiver MC opersating in this scenario seem to imply that, but I thought I'd ask here to remove any lingering doubts.

Thanks!

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC controlling volume when using an ASIO driver
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 08:23:13 pm »

Yes, internal volume works great with a USB DAC and an ASIO driver.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC controlling volume when using an ASIO driver
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 09:46:20 am »

billkru,

Yes, MC can control volume for output via ASIO.  However, I think there is a confusion in your post.

Exclusive mode is related to WASAPI mode for output.  That is an alternative to ASIO.

If your usb DAC comes with an ASIO driver specific to that device, ASIO output may be preferable to WASAPI output with Exclusive mode. 

If your usb DAC does not come with an ASIO driver, WASAPI may be preferable to output through the generic ASIO4All driver.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up