INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Relational Inconsistencies  (Read 981 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Relational Inconsistencies
« on: October 13, 2012, 02:13:57 am »

Is there any way in MC18 to check for relational inconsistencies?

It was mentioned during MC16 development

- it would be good to have a tool checking for relational inconsistencies in the library as we move into a relational model

The reason I ask is that for audio I also populate the series tag with publisher information. I do this so I can make a custom tag that is series relational, so I can flag a publisher as one I like. This allows me to create a custom pane where publishers I like appear at the top of the list.. I have noticed that some audio with the same publisher as one with the custom relational tag set are not updating properly.

I can't figure out a way to resolve this without trawling through all the metadata

Perhaps is there a way just like we can use smartlists to check for field mismatching?

Thanks

vagskal

Re: Relational Inconsistencies
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:21:29 am »

I use this smartlist to check that a custom field [Date Born] relational to artist works. The custom field [Primary Artist] just selects the first artist if there is a list of artists (ListItem([Artist],0)).

[Media Type]="audio" ~nodup=[Date Born],[Primary Artist] ~sort=[Album] ~dup=[Primary Artist] ~sort=[Date Born]-d

locust

Re: Relational Inconsistencies
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 07:59:16 am »

thanks vagskal

I think I've got it working
Pages: [1]   Go Up