INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File can't be read error  (Read 722 times)

BillyBoyBlue

• Recent member
File can't be read error
« on: October 14, 2012, 02:31:38 pm »

This seems to mostly effect JPG image files. Regadless what media player I use including MC some files simply refuse to play when accessed via DLNA and trying to be viewed on a client regardless if it is my tablet, cell phone or tv. Thankfully it only impacts about 2% of my files, but when you have files numbering in the hundreds of thousands, that's still a lot of files!

Here's what I've seen and done:

1. file name is listed by the media player but don't generate a thumbnail
2. file name is listed by the media player does generate a thumbnail

In either case the file don't show if you click on it to view at full resolution.

Such files open and play fine in Windows Explorer, other viewers. I open such files in Photoshop, which handles it ok, resave, same problem. I've tried to use various utility applications to peek at the details of the file and hopefully see what if anything is wrong, corrupted, damaged, missing header information and all that and so far not getting anywhere.

Obviously (unless I'm missing something) if any of the media players can generate a thumbnail they did in fact OPEN the file, so I don't get why if that's true why the file can't be displayed at its full resolution.

More odd is I can have a series of photo all shot the same day, same camera, same resolution, everything but some files open and play fine, others simply don't in any media player via DLNA, still do open and play correctly on my PC.

Anyone have any ideas?

Pages: [1]   Go Up