INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visibility of recordings in theatre view  (Read 1557 times)

dunxed

• Recent member
Visibility of recordings in theatre view
« on: October 14, 2012, 04:44:06 pm »

Hi there,

About a year ago i spent hours and hours comparing media portal and jriver for essentially these things:

1. Tv and schedule
2. Recording tv
3. Playing movies and shows downloaded
4. Playing music

These aren't my priorities, they're my families...

The reason i went with MP was for 2 reasons.  The first was usability.. Its pretty simple easy to navigate, once you find the right skin you like (although setup of said skin is a journey itself).  The second reason is that it allows you to record tv from the remote, as well as see your recordings on the schedule and finally it allows you to manage your recordings on screen, again using a remote...

I recently ran jriver 18, hoping for some improvements in these areas but unless i missed it, none of the above seemed to be there.  Also i was left dissappointed by the forums as it seems these changes are low down on the priority list even though though they have been discussed at length and requested numerous times...

Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Visibility of recordings in theatre view
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 05:32:56 pm »

You can record from the remote if you're in Theater View.  Just go to the Guide and hit enter on any future program.

You can manage your recordings with a remote.  Again in Theater View.

You can see what is going to be recorded.  Maybe it's not in the format you expect.

If you haven't used Theater View, you can get there by hitting F11 a couple of times, or with the Green Button on an MC Remote, or from the View menu in Standard View, or with the Ctrl+number keys (1,2,3, etc).

dunxed

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 07:39:45 am »

Hi JimH,

Thanks or replying.

I'm still confused... I don't seem to be able to see what is to be recorded in Theatre view... do I have to enable this?

Similarily, what recording management functionality is there in Theatre view - I couldn't find it.
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 09:18:52 am »

Anything you have recorded will be under "Shows".

If you select a show there, you can delete it.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 10:37:27 am »

Anything you have recorded will be under "Shows".

If you select a show there, you can delete it.
How about stuff scheduled to record in the future?
Let's say that on the weekend I go through the EPG and mark a few things to record over the coming week, some individual and some series subscriptions.
By Wednesday I change my mind and want to cancel some of the schedule, but can't remember what channels I was going to record from or the name of the program (old age you know!). Or say I watch the first of a series and then want to cancel the subscription?

How do I see the recording schedule for the future in theaterview? Easy in standard view.

SBR

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 04:32:52 pm »

I would like to add my voice to this.  MC is my preferred choice to all the media 'apps' out there but there are still a few things missing, the main one being:

The ability to see which shows are due to be recorded within the guide in theatre view.

In WMC there is a red dot in the program that is going to recorded which changes to three red dots if it is a 'Series link'.  Could this be implemented?  Is there a way for us users to edit the skin to add it ourselves?

Please? Pretty please?  :-*
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 07:49:04 pm »

The ability to see which shows are due to be recorded within the guide in theatre view.

Please? Pretty please?  :-*

I've seen this requested many times, and I'll ditto the "pretty please"...
Pages: [1]   Go Up