INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dynamic Refresh Rate Question  (Read 1286 times)

wewilli1

• Recent member
Dynamic Refresh Rate Question
« on: October 18, 2012, 07:59:08 am »

The wiki suggests that MC software writes the desired playback refresh rate to the media files and the metadata is used to set the refresh rate during playback.  Does dynamic refresh rate still work if the file is not in the database.  For example, what if I play back a file with the explorer gadget.

wewilli1

• Recent member
Re: Dynamic Refresh Rate Question
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 08:38:50 am »

One other question:  Is there a way to make MC show the current refresh rate while a video is playing.  For example, in mediaportal, the '!' key displays all of the playback frame rate information.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 10:02:37 am »

The wiki suggests that MC software writes the desired playback refresh rate to the media files and the metadata is used to set the refresh rate during playback.  Does dynamic refresh rate still work if the file is not in the database.  For example, what if I play back a file with the explorer gadget.

To control refresh rate settings, go into Tools/Options, Video. Expand Display Settings and set each option accordingly.

When using Red October High Quality (Tools/Options, Video: Video Mode) you can press CTRL-J to display and hide statistics. CTRL-R Resets the counters.

wewilli1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:13:24 am »

I selected high quality mode and control-j didn't display any statistics but I'll try it again tonight to double check.  What changes when high quality mode is selected?  Does the video renderer switch to madVR? 

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 10:18:24 am »

Yes, MadVR is used in ROHQ. Make sure you check the option to enable hardware rendering too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up