INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing Android Samsung Galaxy Nexus  (Read 1438 times)

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck
Syncing Android Samsung Galaxy Nexus
« on: October 21, 2012, 02:38:26 pm »

I am having trouble with the latest build of Media Center 18.  It takes a long time (2 to 3 minutes) to recognize my Galaxy Nexus phone.  When it does and I sync my music to it, it doesn't recognize my playlists.  They are imported by their are no songs associated with playlists.

Any suggestions?

David

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Syncing Android Samsung Galaxy Nexus
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:48:37 pm »

I am having trouble with the latest build of Media Center 18.  It takes a long time (2 to 3 minutes) to recognize my Galaxy Nexus phone.  When it does and I sync my music to it, it doesn't recognize my playlists.  They are imported by their are no songs associated with playlists.

Any suggestions?

David

My nexus still takes a long time to be recognized.  Any suggestions?

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re: Syncing Android Samsung Galaxy Nexus
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:26:22 am »

that is because your phone is likely in MTP mode which is a hybrid sync / storage mode. does your nexus have USB mass storage mode? please switch the default connect mode before connecting your cable or make sure mc is closed before connecting, then change to mass storage mode.

EDIT: tested my bionic on MTP, looks like that might not be the problem (at least in media center). make sure you have the latest sync drivers from samsung.

the other problem might be that you have moved your media files on the devices to directories other than /sdcard/Music. keep in mind that this is the default sync location for jriver AND android OS. moving the files (or installing a ROM that changes the way the OS mounts / links to storage) might be causing the delay and the playlist problems you are having.

Pages: [1]   Go Up